Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Completed a Nerf retaliator yesterday in 8 hours for a commisioner. Was approached the previous night for this job, as he needed it as a gift for a kid who's birthday was today.

Well, here's it completed.

12580_4468641127028_37631810_n.jpg

Had it black & gunmetal. Then weathered it, alot. :lol

It appears the kid who received it is real happy with it. :) It is internally modded by the commissioner with an 8kg spring.

Also working on a Steampunk Longstrike now. Here are some shots...
557786_4238632136947_17339949_n.jpg

10464_4347115128954_607186813_n.jpg

68402_4418036461943_907731192_n.jpg

64612_4418036301939_1816096762_n.jpg
Woodgrain painted by hand. :lol More to come!

That wood paintjob looks amazing, any updates??

Hope you guys enjoy the stuff I do. I have a 7 year old so they idea to work on nerf guns just occured to me about 6 months ago. I now have a shop where I work on orders and projects - usually about 5-7 hours a day after work and on weekends. It's never going to make me rich, but if it provides me a fun hobby and some extra cash for the family, I'm a happy man :)

I see you paint so well, can you give me some tips on painting nerfs, for example, which paint do you use, Thanks

Last edited:
Mini Project: I felt that my Nerf Jolt was just a bit too scrawny (even though its "pocket-size" is a selling point), so I decided to beef it up with a barrel shroud. This also allows me to keep it loaded in a pocket or a backpack without having to worry about bending the dart tip, or having the dart snag and be pulled out while doing a quick-draw. All of the added parts are made from 1/2" and 3/4" PVC pipe.

TL-jolt_mod1.jpg

TL-jolt_mod2.jpg

Ammo kept in a Q-tip container.
TL-jolt_mod3.jpg

Comparison shots with a stock Jolt.
TL-jolt_mod4.jpg

TL-jolt_mod5.jpg

man. You guys are a bad influence on me.

Seriously, I HAD to go out and get a Nerf gun today.

Picked up a Stampede onsale at Kmart...

Will start sanding and painting tomorrow. Sheesh, I had so much OTHER work to get done and now this.

:)

I think I've finally found a "blaster" that JohnsonArms hasn't done yet!!

I picked up this Green Lantern Colossal Cannon for cheap, looked like it might have some potential...

819RtMNHoTL_AA1500__zpse5089d76.jpg

So here's a few WIP pics of the former Green Lantern Cannon, now the Steampunk Hand Cannon.

1st, hacked off the crappy green lantern fist and sand...

2012-12-27211908_zps4d06d0e8.jpg

2nd, Paint it Black

2012-12-28202720_zpsb66db14d.jpg

3rd, get some gold and silver on it.

2013-01-03203758_zpsc11abff9.jpg

2013-01-03190155_zpsc570b4bb.jpg

Next will be some steampunk accessories, vacuum tubes, wires, gauges, etc.

Open to ideas...

Gavinfuzzy, dude - that wood looks amazing!! Any pointers? Tutorials?

Thanks!

Project is currently on hold till end November. School comes 1st.

Tips? Start with a base coat of tan. Prepare 3 shades of brown. Light(orangy), regular, dark. Using an old frayed brush or toothbrush, start brushing around regular brown. Then layer on the light brown, and lastly dark brown. Use fine grit sandpaper to scratch up areas that you find too excessive and re apply the paint.

Just play around with that basic technique until something works out. Mine took loads of trial-and-error to get it semi-decent. ;)

I've steampunked a Nerf Maverick

Found a model steam engine and attached it to it, and added bits and pieces of wire and plastic and bottle tops, then painted it. I did it to go with a steampunk costume for a club night.

In the end it turned out to be rather fragile and I didn't go out with it, saying that it still shoots nerf darts though

That is wicked! I hope to do a steam punk Iron Man one day! Any particular train model used? The pics are great as well!
Thanks! Keep up the awesome work!
M

Strongarms, and all the elites in general, have a sci-fi looking going for them.

They don't look modern, and definitely too sleek for steampunk. Go for something futuristic. ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back