Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Heres another video where they used nerf guns as props!

YouTube - ‪PRISM - An Action/Scifi Short Film‬‏

Hey, thanks for posting that. I enjoyed it. And their other vids too! I like the nerf mods, the firefly looks like it's one of the MNU weapons from District 9. I watched the making of, and the use of a green muzzle flash looked pretty good.

That looks stunning, and the paint finish is what really sets it off. Nice Job!

Thanks. Even with clear coating though, I haven't found anything that really makes the finish totally scratch proof.

But the nice thing about those sharpie metallic silver pens is, if your at a con or an event and the orange gun you painted black gets a big orange scratch in it, you can make it silver with one of those pens!

:love

Love all the posts, guys! Sorry, I've been on a deadline that I finally beat and now I can get back to stuff I can post pictures of! ;)

Here's a few from today, the Lanard is not finished, but it's getting there.

IMG_6848.jpg

IMG_6847.jpg

IMG_6846.jpg

IMG_6829.jpg

IMG_6851.jpg

IMG_6850.jpg

IMG_6829.jpg

IMG_6831.jpg

IMG_6811.jpg

IMG_6812.jpg

IMG_6813.jpg

IMG_6810-1.jpg

Last edited:
Love all the posts, guys! Sorry, I've been on a deadline that I finally beat and now I can get back to stuff I can post pictures of! ;)

IMG_6848.jpg

IMG_6847.jpg

IMG_6846.jpg

this is my favorite, looks like a gun from District 9 movie, awesome job!

So a group of my friends got to talking about bad nerf repaints on ebay so we started a little competition. We've all got to mod and repaint a maverick then post it on ebay on the same day. Highest price sale is the winner. :love Only rules are to remove all nerf branding, do the 2 standard mods (air restrictor removal and roulette) and it has to still work.

We originally set the deadline to July 1st but only 3 of us have finished so we extended it for a few more weeks. Here's my entry:

IMG_0495.jpg

I'll post up the others when they're ready. :thumbsup

Very cool idea! Your's came out looking great!

So a group of my friends got to talking about bad nerf repaints on ebay so we started a little competition. We've all got to mod and repaint a maverick then post it on ebay on the same day. Highest price sale is the winner. :love Only rules are to remove all nerf branding, do the 2 standard mods (air restrictor removal and roulette) and it has to still work.

We originally set the deadline to July 1st but only 3 of us have finished so we extended it for a few more weeks. Here's my entry:

I'll post up the others when they're ready. :thumbsup

So I've been inspired and decided to try my hand at this! These are both intended to be steam punk-esque weapons.

The first is a small pistol. We got these for like 5 bucks apiece for my little bro's birthday so I have about 5 of them. The body is bronze with some copper parts to touch it up. The screws were left gold and the slide was left silver. The handle was a mixture of some burnt umber and orange paint I had to give it that leather/wood look.

The shotgun was again a base of bronze with the trigger, handle grip, and railing painted copper. The handle and pump were again painted that brown I mixed earlier. I have some shells that I will also be painting to match. The strap was from one of my brothers old belts. I cut it in half and sewed it in place. The metal fastener in the front was also from the belt. The top is just three little watch batteries and a broken LED.

Any and all feedback is appreciated (and so are any suggestions you may have!)

They look nice, but they don't' scream "steampunk" to me, just victorian. Steampunk stuff looks either like its powerd by steam, or using ancient electronics.

Think steam tubes, visible gears, old vaccum tubes, that sorta thing.

Still they look great, and the handles do have the leather look you were shooting for.

They look nice, but they don't' scream "steampunk" to me, just victorian. Steampunk stuff looks either like its powerd by steam, or using ancient electronics.

Think steam tubes, visible gears, old vaccum tubes, that sorta thing.

Still they look great, and the handles do have the leather look you were shooting for.

Haha they aren't done yet, not by a long shot. I just wanted to get the color scheme right, now I have to find the tubing and gears to make it look steampunk-ish

Glad the handles turned out right

IMG_6848.jpg

IMG_6829.jpg

I'll be happy with myself if my Stampede comes out half as good as either of those.

The parts for my ammo counter came in yesterday. I think (hope) I will be able to use the safety switches I removed from the stampede to make the counter reset upon inserting the clip and decrease when fired.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

if you bought any Nerf from TRU in the past month, they are 25% off now, and they will refund the difference back to your CC. Since I bought 2 mavericks, and a vulcan, I'm heading there today!

There're some really nice mods on here. It's nice to see some other folk like to muck about with nerf mods!

I like to start a project with a bit of Nerf fun to get the juices flowing!

Here are some of mine:

http://imageshack.us/g/801/imag0786.jpg/

The Stampede is a straight paint job.

The maverick has had the AR removed, the chamber lock removed and has had a bit of sculpting done on the body to beef it up.

The red one is a barricade that's been modded to use the clip system but it only works with the 35 round drum due to spring tensions in the clips!

Hope you like.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back