Underworld lycan WIP. A NEW START PAGE:5.

Re: Underworld lycan WIP.Update 05/02/11.Page3.

Amazing work, especially for someone who hasn't sculpted before. I'll be starting a werewolf soon, but it won't be based on anything from a movie. Hope I can do half as good as you.

Some really nice work, hope to see you get this guy all finished and suited up.

Your sculpture is funkadelic! I'm diggin' the way it's coming along. Huge fan of the Underworld Trilogy. Can't wait to see more of this! It's gonna rock when it's finished. Uber-fantastic work with the likeness of the Lycans!

Are you making a bodysuit as well & walking stilts?

Outstanding work!! Looking forward to seeing more!!

In 08 and 09 I was part of a large Underworld Evolution group at DragonCon. In 09, our group was huge, and featured two full size Lycans-
Not to hijack your thread, but I thought you'd enjoy seeing the pics.

I'm looking for more pics, this is the best I've found so far of the Lycan.

Dcon09Un2.jpg

A shot of our Armored Deathdealers and Lycan-

Dcon09Vamp2.jpg

Those Lycans were sculpted and painted by Travis Shewchuk - RavenousEFX. The fur under muscles, stilts, fans and harness system were all designed and built by Rovas and Kivas (both members here) who were also the ones wearing the Lycans.

Sorry guys for the lack of updates of late, I had a minor disaster with the plaster mould making so I have decided to go for a fibreglass mould for the head and neck of the Lycan, which I'll then take Silicone casts from. I have just applied the gel coat and letting it go off then I'll get on with the glassing and strengthening of the mould. I'm planning on using dragonskin Siliocne for the casts as recommended by members here and it'll flex far better for the Lycans facial movements etc. Photo's will be posted up later today of the work on the mould etc.
A few of my mates have kindly sourced some really amazing Lycan and wolf growls etc which I can use on mp3 files and I'll find the best ones for the finished Lycan, so it is coming togehter slowly, due to a earlier foo bar on the plaster work it has set me back a little, but I'm still planning on a July completion time scale!

Your sculpture is funkadelic! I'm diggin' the way it's coming along. Huge fan of the Underworld Trilogy. Can't wait to see more of this! It's gonna rock when it's finished. Uber-fantastic work with the likeness of the Lycans!

Are you making a bodysuit as well & walking stilts?

Thanks for the great comments on my Lycan project, I am planning on doing a full Lycan costume inc digitgrade stilts (lower legs) and a friend of mine is already fabricating them up for me. I followed the original screen used leg design for the lower les and they work spot on, they were a nightmare to start with, but where theres a will, there's a way!!

The bodysuit is going to be made by a really good friend of mine as his work is totally mindblowing and the donor bodysuits muscle structure and mass is spot on for the Lycan, I'll have to do a few adaptions to it once I recieve it but it'll look awesome when it's painted and the hair punched into it!. I am doing the sculpt and casts for the lower legs and feet etc for the Lycan once I have the head/neck mould finished.

I too was also a part of that Underworl group at Dcon or 09.. here are some close up photos of the Lycan and a video clip of one of the guys dancing outside the top portion of his cotsume..

IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2106.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

Ok guys here's the update on the Lycan......

Head mould 100% finished and ready to take it's first cast, I've ordered the materials and they are on there way. Should be here by Friday, so all being well I'll be casting up the very first Lycan face/skin on Saturday!! I have decided to re-work the underskull and teeth as I was getting bored with not doing much on the project while waiting for the materials to arrive. Also ordered the black glass eyes with blue ghost effect iris pattern from the states and they will be here in the next few weeks. Did a test fit of the digitgrade legs and they need a slight adjustment on the angle as they were to steep and were killing my shins, calves and thighs, hopefully with a less steep angle it will cure this and my weight will be evened out on the shin plates. So on with the photo's, apologises for the quality in some and the pic of the inside of the mould doesn't show up much as it is translucent.

Underskull........
DSC00381.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00383.jpg

DSC00384.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

NEXT UP THE TWO PART LYCAN FACE/SKIN MOULD.......
DSC00386.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

DSC00390.jpg

DSC00391.jpg

Got some more clean up work to do on the edges of the mould, but at least it's now done!!

Re: Underworld lycan WIP.Update 24/03/11.Page3.

Casting materials have arrived today! And so it begins......... The start of the very first cast of the Lycan head! Hopefully by Monday I should have something more to show you guys, my apologises for the lack of updates and piccies, but next week should see the start of this project speeding up with more updates and progress pic's

Paul.

Re: Underworld lycan WIP.Update 24/03/11.Page3.

The sculpt looks dead on sor far. Really looking foward to seeing the final results.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back