Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

Thanks, Steve. That's actually really close!
If the inner diameter were 5" at that scale, that would mean the "hull thickness" would be 1/2 inch.
I would think that's enough room for internals (inner wall construction/conduits/etc.) to fit.

Thanks Ozzy, and don't worry about the thread hijacking, because that great model has been a continuing inspiration to me, so it's relevant to the thread.

Yes, I used a copy of the production plans for the cockpit shell. I noticed some differences between the plans and the actual set. So, as you know, there are three floor levels in the plans, base floor, a six inch step up to the nav chairs and a six inch step up to the pilot's chairs/console, but there's actually a fourth level. Another six inches were added underneath the console and pilot's chairs, and then the console itself was raised up another two or three inches and pivoted back so that the center surface was horizontal and just below level with the center line of the cockpit. My guess has been that they built the thing from the plans the first time around, and then found out they'd be working with Peter Mayhew, and went back to the drawing board.

Ahhh, well, that makes more sense now. I wish I had you around when I was stumbling around with my graphics. even when I built my AMT cockpit I made adjustents as it just didnt fit right. I dont know why I didnt see that before. Well I do know actualy! I strugled with the graphics in the first place, and my software experience maxed out at MS Paint! which is what I made my graphics on. You know, the one that comes with windows.

I am realy looking forward to seeing what you do with the turret panels, mine were less than 80% correct in detail, I know yours will be 110%

Let me know if you need more pics I still have a few more I think.

PS: would the software you use work with Pepakura? If you ever wanted to realise your work in physical 3d I would be happy to help out if I can.

Now get back to work!!! we need more updates. LOL

Ozzy

EDIT:
ah, found a nice clear shot of it:

cap003wo5.png

That whole back panel with the door was removeable for the reverse( through the windows ) shots but it looks twisted, seriously the door frame isn't level either...Even the pinstripe through the right side light bar is off.

Didn't they rush like mad to get the film done? Maybe the set construction crew measured wrong, and tried to sorta correct things with the penstripe?

Absolutely amazing work here!

I love checking this thread out too and I would definitely LOVE it if a "kit" could be released for a 3 3/4" figure cockpit set of the Falcon to mimic the full size set that the actors were fillmed in. Can you imagine how cool that would be to display if it was lit too?!!! A nice complimentary display piece to an MR Falcon for sure!
That's officially just gone to the top of my "must have" list! :lol

Chris

SteveStarkiller, I have to say I joined RPF largely because I've found this thread so helpful in helping me design my own Falcon, so thanks. I hope this picture helps you make your (gorgeous) model just that little bit more accurate. It's by far the best shot of the light/decontamination nozzle I've seen.

hallway_light_detail.png

I'm a little late in posting this picture but I just came accross it while going through some old boxes. I have no idea where this came from and doubt it's accuracy but thought I'd throw this out there if anyone finds it interesting or helpful.

I think thats a repro of the Bp's found in the starlog magazine.

Yeah, just double checked. Offset front hold is from the Stalog Tech journal from 1993.

Last edited:
hey folks, stay tuned, just getting over the flu, but I've got some projects in the works for this week. Also, thanks for all the replies, I'll try to get back to them all, I've got a lot to say to what's been posted in the past few days.

I'm a little late in posting this picture but I just came accross it while going through some old boxes. I have no idea where this came from and doubt it's accuracy but thought I'd throw this out there if anyone finds it interesting or helpful.

It is interesting because looking at the bottom right corner there is the name of Shane Johnson who, I am sure, did the Selyana Class Starship blueprints in the mid 80's which has a very different layout to what these have.

In the meantime, I hope these can help? Looks like the light bar in the cockpit DID line up after all! Look:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And some other pics I found I had that I hope my help you out:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Chewie FEET! :lol
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hey Brinn, thanks man!

though I posted a couple pages back (with some screen shots that show both sides), that yes it does match, but only on Chewie's side. which is hilarious. The cockpit structure is just completely lopsided. Ultimately, though I decided not to make mine so accurate that it reflects this. Since it's such an extreme subtlety, I thought it would just make me look like I did a bad job lining things up.

Yes, but doesn't the light bar line up behind Han in my screen caps? Its an odd angle, but I thought it was strange that it looks like it did.

Yes, but doesn't the light bar line up behind Han in my screen caps? Its an odd angle, but I thought it was strange that it looks like it did.

sorry to shoot ya down, but I went over the footage and it looks like it (probably) doesn't.

Admittedly, my proof is about as reassuring as a blurry photo of big foot. I have wondered if the lopsidedness was caused by removing and replacing the back wall or side panels at some point, giving rise to a "before" point when the panels still lined up as they should, but I haven't seen it.

Hey gang, sorry for the long wait between posts. I finally figured out the lever boxes in the canopy and I'm setting up renders that should be done tonight. All panels have been touched at this point, this might be the home stretch (for the cockpit anyway... for the ANH cockpit anyway... oh the interminable fun of it all! )

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back