Will a Master Replicas Darth Vader ROTJ case fit a Luke ROTJ hero saber?

arkangel

I was hoping someone might own these 2 Master Replica sabers and wouldn't mind checking for me. I own about 12 MR sabers but not the ROTJ vader.
Is the MR ROTJ vader case the same as any of the other saber cases? Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Are you talking about the blue padded cases? Or the acrylic display case?
As far as the blue padded cases go, their later items didn't come with them. So there was not a padded case for the Vader ROTJ lightsaber.... if I'm remembering correctly.
As far as the display cases go, the acrylic holders were specifically cut to hold the specific lightsaber. Especially for the Vaders & Luke ANH & ESB sabers, they're cut so the T-tracks have space so the saber sits flat.

That's all correct. I'm referring to the acrylic case. I know it has grip cut outs on the one side but am curious if a luke rotj will sit level in it? Does the space between the uprights allow the saber to fit?

That's all correct. I'm referring to the acrylic case. I know it has grip cut outs on the one side but am curious if a luke rotj will sit level in it? Does the space between the uprights allow the saber to fit?

Ah. Well, when I get home tonight I'll check for ya.

Thank you very much ! I'm thinking it should be fine for a luke rotj saber if the grip cutouts are designed to fit the full grip of the vader rotj. This would ensure that the saber sits level. If not, I could always build up one of the acrylic stands for levelness. The bigger concern is the spacing between the acrylic uprights. Thank you again for checking for me. Not owning a vader rotj makes it hard to judge just by pictures. Clark

should be an easy fix. I believe most the saber cases were made the same exact except dv.jpg arms were cut for specific sabers to fit grips

Here's the Vader ROTJ base arms
20180203_230615.jpg

With the MR ROTJ Vader it was made for
20180203_230822.jpg

I don't know which ROTJ Luke you have...
so here is the MR ROTJ Luke v2
20180203_230742.jpg

I don't have the MR ROTJ Luke Hero, but here's the eFX Reveal
20180203_230710.jpg

It definitely works better when it's holding the saber that it made for.
Hope these help.

I don't have the MR ROTJ Luke Hero, but here's the eFX Reveal....

Part of me is envious of y'all that were there for the whole pre-Great Recession MR/eFX period. Another part of me cringes at the inaccuracies... I guess we'll only know what period this is in retrospect.

Exactly what I was looking for and you're 100 percent right. Definitely better to hunt for the case that was designed for saber. Thanks so much for taking the time to show me with pics. Very much appreciated.

Part of me is envious of y'all that were there for the whole pre-Great Recession MR/eFX period. Another part of me cringes at the inaccuracies... I guess we'll only know what period this is in retrospect.
If I had known about the Rylo reveal back when it was happening I'd have been all over it - as it is I was sort of right in the middle of the latest boom, so I've only got a SF Luke Hero and Graflex 2.0 - but even still I'm pretty happy with what I've collected.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back