STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/film-music-tv/articles/seth-green-voice-new-star-wars-rebels-character/

Seth Green To Voice A New ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Character

Justin LaSalataOctober 31, 2017, 2:38 PM, GMT
seth-green.jpg

Next Monday’s episode of Star Wars Rebels titled “Crawler Commandeers” set to air on Disney XD will feature a new character voiced by the talented Seth Green. The folks over at Nerdist provide us with this news which includes a few images from the episode as well as a preview clip of Green’s character (a Trandoshan named Captain Seevo) in action. Check out their images below and then head on over to their site for the preview video.

When you’re in trouble and need to contact Rebel command, you might have to resort to desperate measures. That’s what Kanan, Sabine, Ezra, and Zeb have to do in next Monday’s Star Wars Rebels. They pirate/borrow—if you want to use a friendlier term—a mining guild crawler with long range communications gear in order to get in touch with Hera, presumably so she can save their skins. Nerdist is happy to announce that Seth Green will be making his Star Wars Rebels debut as the Trandoshan in charge of that crawler, Captain Seevo.

This isn’t Green’s first time voicing a character in the Star Wars universe. In Star Wars: The Clone Wars, he played the Pantoran Ion Papanoida and Cad Bane’s droid Todo 360.

seth-green-rebels-1.jpg
seth-green-rebels-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Could the Mandalorian's Clan Ren be related to the Knights of Ren?

We don’t think so, sabines clan name is Wren, the knights are Ren

I think it was just bad timing... the writers of rebels probably weren’t aware of Kylo Ren at the time.

Once I heard Sabine call out her clan name I wasn’t a big fan of it. Too confusing.. even though it’s spelt 2 different ways. They both sound exactly the same

Could the Mandalorian's Clan Ren be related to the Knights of Ren?

We don’t think so, sabines clan name is Wren, the knights are Ren

I think it was just bad timing... the writers of rebels probably weren’t aware of Kylo Ren at the time.

Once I heard Sabine call out her clan name I wasn’t a big fan of it. Too confusing.. even though it’s spelt 2 different ways. They both sound exactly the same

Not a new revelation. Ever since the names Kylo Ren and Knights of Ren was revealed, fans have speculated a connection. Just Google it.

I just realized last week was 2 episodes. I’m watching... well WAS watching the tie defender episode... I hate to be negative but I give up already and just shut it off and went to back to watching re runs of COPS

Where has this shown gone? Sabine steals the tie, thrawns right there in front of her. Not once but twice... and she doesn’t shoot him or price right beside him

And I don’t want to hear it’s a kids show and they don’t want the violence... 19 seconds before she’s face to face with thrawn she’s blowing up storm troopers with the tie..

I’m sorry guys. But I’m just not feeling this anymore... hurts more than anything because I loved the pervious seasons :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just realized last week was 2 episodes. I’m watching... well WAS watching the tie defender episode... I hate to be negative but I give up already and just shut it off and went to back to watching re runs of COPS

Where has this shown gone? Sabine steals the tie, thrawns right there in front of her. Not once but twice... and she doesn’t shoot him or price right beside him

And I don’t want to hear it’s a kids show and they don’t want the violence... 19 seconds before she’s face to face with thrawn she’s blowing up storm troopers with the tie..

I’m sorry guys. But I’m just not feeling this anymore... hurts more than anything because I loved the pervious seasons :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the pilots in the original agreed that the exhaust port of the DS was too small to hit. Only Luke thought he could hit it. Thrawn's a bit smaller than the exhaust port (thinner at least). Can't be easy to hit a person with the guns of a ship - especially one you've never flown or shot. Not to mention, you're thinking 'blow crap up to make it harder for them to follow you' not specifically targeting one person

Two missions in a row they botch it and alert the Empire. They're not very good sneaking around. It is getting tiresome.

Not to mention they once again endanger their mission by expanding its goals on their own volition.
"Plusing" it is all well and good as long as they are sure the original goal is achieved. If they had gotten that initial observational info offworld, THEN decided to go for the recorder, then fine.

All the pilots in the original agreed that the exhaust port of the DS was too small to hit. Only Luke thought he could hit it. Thrawn's a bit smaller than the exhaust port (thinner at least). Can't be easy to hit a person with the guns of a ship - especially one you've never flown or shot. Not to mention, you're thinking 'blow crap up to make it harder for them to follow you' not specifically targeting one person

Please don’t read me wrong. I don’t want to come off as a total hater. I love this show, and this is why I’m so fed up... season 3 was OK, but u could see where Filoni wasn’t much involved anymore

This season, u can tell it’s a whole new group of writers or something... it’s just not the same

I agree, hitting one person with a ships canons can be tough. And I could believe that in universe

UNTIL, Sabine starts blowing up cargo boxes and other ties to kill troopers... the dang imperial shuttle is right there above thrawn, blow it up!!

And I understand it’s a show... but how many times are they going to do this?! What was the point of even having thrawn there in the first place, have him as a hologram so I wouldn’t be sitting back here complaining lol

What I’m basically saying is don’t put him in these scenario’s over and over...

I’m just gonna wait for the finale and watch that... see what happens to kanan and ezra... don’t really care for anything else that’s going on in the show... I think the writers have lost their paths

I still love all you guys though!!! ;)

Please don’t read me wrong. I don’t want to come off as a total hater. I love this show, and this is why I’m so fed up... season 3 was OK, but u could see where Filoni wasn’t much involved anymore

This season, u can tell it’s a whole new group of writers or something... it’s just not the same

I agree, hitting one person with a ships canons can be tough. And I could believe that in universe

UNTIL, Sabine starts blowing up cargo boxes and other ties to kill troopers... the dang imperial shuttle is right there above thrawn, blow it up!!

And I understand it’s a show... but how many times are they going to do this?! What was the point of even having thrawn there in the first place, have him as a hologram so I wouldn’t be sitting back here complaining lol

What I’m basically saying is don’t put him in these scenario’s over and over...

I’m just gonna wait for the finale and watch that... see what happens to kanan and ezra... don’t really care for anything else that’s going on in the show... I think the writers have lost their paths

I still love all you guys though!!! ;)
I agree.

When the show started, I was pretty hard on it. It just wasn't the clone wars. But I thought it would mature as they went along. And it barely has.

They keep shifting the tone without settling in on a groove

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Just an interesting Rebel related tie-in remark:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/next-decade-of-star-wars-being-planned-out/

Kennedy, who also teased that the conclusion of the animated “Star Wars Rebels” will lead to new things on that front, says plans are being laid out now for where the franchise will go:

“We’re sitting down now, we’re talking about the next ten years of Star Wars stories and we’re looking at narrativly where that might go; future stories beyond Episode 9, with these new characters, Rey, Poe, Finn, BB-8, but we’re also looking at working with people that are interested in coming into the Star Wars world and taking us to places that we haven’t been yet, and that’s exciting too because it’s a vast galaxy far, far away… The possibilities are endless.”

I'm calling it right now, Star Wars Rebels will be the last thing aimed at the original trilogy fanbase.

Everything from this point forward will be mindless entertainment for the kiddies.

And yes i know Rebels is a kids show, but it contains so much of the original themes and feeling that made me love Star Wars 35 years ago.

To me Rebels was a small sparkle of light in a dark universe of clones and mary sue's, but allas i fear it was just a sparkle.

Regarding Thrawn as a target... Sabine wasn't flying in a trench, and had no adversaries in the vicinity.

And Thrawn can't be much smaller than a womprat.. :)

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Regarding Thrawn as a target... Sabine wasn't flying in a trench, and had no adversaries in the vicinity.

And Thrawn can't be much smaller than a womprat.. :)
Also, it wouldn't have had to be a direct hit; she could have blasted the snot out of the area around him and let the flying debris do the dirty work. But the real reason she didn't kill Thrawn is because he's the "Big Bad", and if the producers and writers killed him off they'd just have to come up with another character to replace him in that capacity. Especially considering this is the last season, it's easier for them to leave Thrawn in place.

Seriously, she was the ONLY one in the air. She could have ruined that outpost.

I love the show too... but the questions they bring up, the situations they create - doesn't feel like many of them really get solved. We're now 4 episodes deep in the final season, and no talk of the force/Ezra (Edit: okay, the Lothwolf thing....) which is partially what the show was predicated upon. Have some stronger views, but most have been represented by others here already.

Still a fan, of course, but man...

Why doesn't the Empire just take the keys out of their ships so they can't get stolen all the time? Or for that matter, just lock the door!

I was really kind of hoping the new TIE prototype was going to be Vader's TIE. Or have they already shown it?

I would have had the defender come out before the interceptor. Since they seem to be leading to it failing (and thus explaining its absence from the films), it could have then become an intermediate step toward the Interceptor...only hinted at in a "perhaps the design could be modified...what about back to TWO wings?"....and then regular TIEs only for the rest of the show, leaving time for the Interceptor to reach production in time for ROTJ.

But I guess Rebels had already shown Interceptors a while back. Ah, well.

(yes I know that would contradict old EU-canon. But the slate's clean.)

I would have had the defender come out before the interceptor. Since they seem to be leading to it failing (and thus explaining its absence from the films), it could have then become an intermediate step toward the Interceptor...only hinted at in a "perhaps the design could be modified...what about back to TWO wings?"....and then regular TIEs only for the rest of the show, leaving time for the Interceptor to reach production in time for ROTJ.

But I guess Rebels had already shown Interceptors a while back. Ah, well.

(yes I know that would contradict old EU-canon. But the slate's clean.)

I got the feeling from the last Q&A on the Rebel Recon that they just ditched the trying to develop small craft in favor of turning their attention to super weapons like the Deathstar.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back