STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Slave 1 belonged to cad bane. We never found out how boba ends up with the ship

Not Cad... Hondo.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/slave-i

...The Jedi tracked Aurra’s crew to Florrum, where Aurra abandoned Boba, fleeing in Slave I before crashing the ship in the badlands. With Boba in Republic custody, the pirate boss Hondo Ohnaka repaired Slave I and added it to his collection of ships.

After General Grievous attacked Florrum, Hondo and the Jedi youngling Katooni fired up Slave I’s engines and used the craft’s weapons to turn the tide against Grievous.

Boba Fett eventually reclaimed his father’s ship from Hondo. For those fleeing justice, Slave I’s distinctive silhouette became a sight as feared as Fett’s battered Mandalorian mask....

I don't recall Boba actually getting the ship back. It was probably going to be covered in Clone Wars but ended before they could resolve it. Since Hondo does not have it in Rebels and Fett has it in ESB, it is logical to conclude he somehow got it back.

I don't know, he's kind of a hack.

Get it! He's a hacksaw!

Thank you everybody. I'm here all week. Be sure to tip your waitress.

I really liked the episode. Probably because it's all staring to draw so close toward the events of Rogue One and the OT. Looking forward to next week.

And the second one just came on XD, really good, seeing Saw's decent into madness. Death troopers apparently sometimes suck and speak English but Lamda shuttles for the win! I, being vaugue not not spoil anything.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/dont-expect-any-han-solo-connections-in-the-final-seaso-1819778707

Don't Expect Any Han Solo Connections in the Final Season of Star Wars Rebels

Germain LussierToday 4:30pm
The fourth and final season of Star Wars Rebels is now on the air and it promises to answer a lot of questions. Some of those questions could even link to the two live-action movies set in the same timeline as the show: Rogue One and Solo. And though Rogue One has already woven its way in and out with Rebels, and will continue to do so, executive producer Dave Filoni told me that we should not expect Solo to do the same.

“I don’t know if there’s anything Ezra Bridger could really add to the saga of a Han Solo type character,” Filoni said. “We already had Lando in our show, but we have to be careful about it being a variety show. We’ve had a lot of characters come in and out and I always get worried about small galaxy syndrome.”

That small galaxy makes sense, though, when it’s a character like Princess Leia. Besides Ezra, the main focus of Rebels is the creation of the Rebel Alliance, and Leia is a major part of that. Obi-Wan Kenobi is one of the few remaining Jedi, so as Ezra trains in that discipline, it makes sense for him to appear. “You just have to make sure you’re doing it for the right reasons and that you really want these characters to cross over,” Filoni said. But to work in some connection to a smuggler who we damn well know doesn’t want to get caught up in the Rebellion just yet would probably be a little much.

However, while Filoni denied any Solo connections, he does hypothetically think one Rebels character could fit in with his story.
“There is some rationale that, if she should survive Star Wars Rebels, being an ace pilot, it seems more likely that Hera would be the one that knows someone like Han Solo,” Filoni said. “I’ve had rather large arguments about which ship is better, the Ghost or the Falcon, but that doesn’t really seem relevant for anything [the Rebels] are doing.”

It’s true—figuring out which ship or pilot in the best in the galaxy does not make much sense when you’re fighting for the survival of the galaxy. And that’s what the rest of Star Wars Rebels season four is likely to be about.

We’ll have much more from my interview with Dave Filoni soon. Star Wars Rebels continues Mondays on Disney XD.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's neat how Saw becoming more Whitaker in design and voice performance.

Edit: oh, the voice IS Whitaker now, LOL!

Last edited:
This is a deep rooted history, belief, honor, tradition, culture, almost religious topic/practice for them.

There's a lot to unpack in this part of the discussion. For millennia, Mandalorians were their armor. They were at least seminomadic, and pretty much kept what they could wear or carry. Whole suits likely were not heirlooms (seriously -- does anyone here know how ridiculous it is to suggest resizing a full set of metal armor?). The precedent has been the odd bit here or there to honor or remember a father or grandmother or like that, but generally the bulk of it is your armor, made for you. And here's where it gets a little vaguespecific... It's not the actual individual pieces of armor that are important, it's the wearing of the armor, period, that's important. This is Star Wars -- they have stupid-advanced materials. The actual "armored spacesuit" originally described is probably (and by probably I mean definitely, but I can't show current-canon proof) the layer under the bodysuit -- something of a cross between a Dune stillsuit and something Batman would come up with. Armorweave cloth, antiballistic gel padding, atmospheric and thermal isolation and regulation, and so on. The flight suit is there to keep it from getting dirty. The flak vest is a plate carrier for the outer plates, and the shape of those is a matter of tradition, even though the plates themselves are wasters...

One EU element I really hope is gone is the magical Mandalorian supermetal. It was basically Adamantium, from the way it was described. Which I think is bunk. One, my armor is 16-gauge stainless steel. A car accidentally backed over one of the chest plates and the plate didn't even notice. From any kind of range, it would probably stop anything but an armor-piercing round (not that I'm going to put this to the test). But two, the point of armor is to absorb and dissipate incoming damage energy. The more rigid it is, the more it transmits through to the wearer. If you've got impervious Unobtanium armor, it doesn't matter if it can survive a direct blast from a turbolaser without a scratch if the impact energy shatters all your bones and pulps your internal organs while toasting all the organic matter in your body to a nice medium-well.

I don't like the EU denigrating Boba's armor as "crappy durasteel". I always liked that his armor showed he'd been through twelve kinds of hell and survived. On the one hand, bad on him for not maintaining his kit, but kudos for the walking intimidation factor. The implication was that he had what he had and couldn't replace anything due to his exiled status. ROTJ borked things by having him in different gear that was supposed to be the same gear. Won't get into that. Then the New Mandalorians get thrown into the mix...

According to the clone wars, jango wasn't a mandalorian. He was just a guy who had the armour.

Remember, these were the enlightened pacifist Mandalorians who had turned their backs on their warrior heritage and denigrated it who said this. Everything else we've seen has been that the further away from Mandalore itself you get, the more the traditional ways seem to hold sway. Unless and until it gets overwritten, Jango was from Concord Dawn, a planet in Mandalorian space, from whom we've seen both Rako Hardeen (the Marksman from Concord Dawn) and Fenn Rau (the Protector of Concord Dawn) both being very non-pacifist during the Clone Wars. The Prime Minister just dissed Jango by way of disavowing any traditionalist, armor-wearing Mandalorians. Remember, these New Mandalorians who "[didn't] know where [he] got the armor" had the Death Watch producing it by the dozen right next door without them knowing.

But what do these groups have in common? A deep spiritual and traditional belief system that's so etched in their culture as to be almost invisible to them. Notice the "chest diamond" on most of the Mandalorian armor we see? Notice that motif is all over the dress and architecture of the New Mandalorians as well? The EU called that shape the "Beskaryc Kar'ta", or "Heart of Iron". The Mandalorians believed that they were fundamentally interconnected through a racial collective overmind called the Manda. Their own form of ancestral Force-kenning. This connection to it and to each other is a crucial element of what it means to be Mandalorian, and that symbol represents that connection.

In traditional Earthen symbolism, a square is an ancient symbol for elemental Earth, often in the form of Metal, and frequently even more specifically Iron, representing unyielding strength. The hexagon has always -- when it's been used -- represented some holy or spiritual or ethereal power. In the Heart of Iron, the Iron strength of the Mandalorian is surrounded and protected by the collectivity of the Manda. Might even go so far as to say all for one and one for all. Yeah, the symbol is stretched a bit, vertically, in a sort of stylistic Art Deco fashion, but I don't dock them for their artistic motifs.

So while individual plates should be considered disposable/replaceable when they get damaged in combat -- not counting any that happen to have belonged to Great-Grandmama or your Uncle Steve -- the actual symbolic continuance of wearing the metal armor plates, with the Heart of Iron in the middle of it, is the biggie -- the main doctrinal bone of dispute between the New Mandalorians and the rest of the race. So yeah -- you salvage your armor if at all possible. Especially your helmet -- that's got all your preferences set and has all your music. Irreplaceable.

--Jonah

Not Cad... Hondo.

I don't recall Boba actually getting the ship back. It was probably going to be covered in Clone Wars but ended before they could resolve it. Since Hondo does not have it in Rebels and Fett has it in ESB, it is logical to conclude he somehow got it back.
I was referring to how jango got it. It was the same ship, right?

And seeing the way they designed the mandalorian ships on the clone wars, I can't help but think that slave one is of mandalorian origin.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I gotta say...the whole"stunning" of these Stormtroopers is really getting old. I thought Ezra was becoming a badass?

It's as bad as all those cobra pilots jumping out of their vehicles right before they blew up

I gotta say...the whole"stunning" of these Stormtroopers is really getting old. I thought Ezra was becoming a badass?

It's as bad as all those cobra pilots jumping out of their vehicles right before they blew up

Yes, I get it is a kids show, but at least try to keep some sense of actual danger

It's always bugged me, but yes, it does seem to be getting even worse.

You can knock a guy out just by lifting up and dropping him?

Ezra can deflect blaster bolts like it is nothing, but somehow is a bumbling idiot trying to use a jet pack

I was referring to how jango got it. It was the same ship, right?

And seeing the way they designed the mandalorian ships on the clone wars, I can't help but think that slave one is of mandalorian origin.

I can't find confirmation of that in cannon or the old Legends info: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Slave_I/Legends

And nothing about it in the Starwars.com Databank either

Yes, I get it is a kids show, but at least try to keep some sense of actual danger

It's always bugged me, but yes, it does seem to be getting even worse.

You can knock a guy out just by lifting up and dropping him?

Ezra can deflect blaster bolts like it is nothing, but somehow is a bumbling idiot trying to use a jet pack

I figured they were stunning them top keep from giving away their position. It seems quieter. But that is just my speculation.

I was watching it with my son and when those trooper rolled off the dish, I said to my son, "That sucks!" But I guess for some of you, it does not mean anything unless you see a splat.

Not sure why with all the killing and death, folks still focus on the times when they don't.

I think therapy might be in order. Take time away from pulling the wings off butterflies and consider it. :p

I figured they were stunning them top keep from giving away their position. It seems quieter. But that is just my speculation.

I was watching it with my son and when those trooper rolled off the dish, I said to my son, "That sucks!" But I guess for some of you, it does not mean anything unless you see a splat.

Not sure why with all the killing and death, folks still focus on the times when they don't.

I think therapy might be in order. Take time away from pulling the wings off butterflies and consider it. :p

At one point, Saw even used his stun setting on a stormtrooper.

seriously

Not Cad... Hondo.

According to that, Boba got the ship after his Dad died. Then him and Aura Sing crashed it on florrum during the clone wars (and Boba went to prison). Then Hondo painted it green and burgundy.

How Boba got it back is anyone's guess

At one point, Saw even used his stun setting on a stormtrooper.

seriously

Like I said, I speculated that it might be a quieter setting than regular blaster fire. They were still being covert at the time. It also might be a story element to establish he had a stun setting so that it would not seem out of the blue when he used it to stun Sabine and Ezra.

Great episodes! High stakes, and you didn't know if Ezra would join Saw's faction or stay with the Alliance. Ezra seems to be very split on helping the Rebellion, and it'll be interesting to see where Mothma's attitude takes him as a character this season.

Disney had no problems traumatizing generations kids by killing off mothers and/or father or loved ones, often in the opening scenes or shortly there after :lol

In all seriousness though, I don't need to see Stormtrooper die by the droves, but at the same time, it is maddening watching guys at near point blank range stand there shooting at each other but completely unable to hit each other with blaster fire.

Also Stormtrooper's heads must not have any skull bones with the ease in which they get "knocked out"

I'd like an opponent that at least feels competent. One you might actually think could win

And while we do keep saying these shows are for little kids, they are airing pretty late at night for the "older" crowd anyway

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back