JFcustom's FOAM files

hi all i have tryed a lot of time doing an iron man helmet, but when come the sanding work i usually ruin it, the i have tried the foam build, i have made 2 helmet, 1 for my 3 yo baby and 1 for me
this is the one for my babyboy IMAG2313.jpgIMAG2312.jpgIMAG2316.jpgIMAG2322.jpgIMAG2323.jpgIMAG2326.jpg
and all its awesome, now come the hardest part, do an helmet more detailed for me :cool
IMAG2334.jpgIMAG2332.jpgIMAG2331.jpgIMAG2319.jpgIMAG2335.jpg
my problems are two
1°: why the part of the head( over the eyerows) is bigger and dont match exactly?
2°: for the back in the pep project doesnt exist the line to do a clear edge, is all a long piece
i have glued only the part where im sure to do not error.
thank you all
and obviusly a mega thanks to fj for his work, ty man

Pretty much any Spacemrine variant would be great. I decided this will be my first venture into pep and I love the look of those monsters. I already have the current files but I am not a huge fan of the helmet. I like something like this Pre-Heresy_BA_Mk_III.jpg whammera00.jpg

just wanted to say outstanding job jfcustoms, your work is truly appreciated, am looking to build a few of your unfolds for myself and the kids :D
will post details when i finally get started
also, bit cheeky to ask but, any chance of you doing an original series bsg cylon?, and maybe a master chief full set for the kiddies?
thanks again and keep up the stunning work

I just registered there last night and have been perusing today. If I see a file I like that is for paper pep can I get it converted to foam. I have no clue? I am new to pep

I have a question about angles, Im working on JFs Kids Halo helmet unfold and was wondering how to move forward with the cuts. In the picture is the unfold from pepakura and the piece of foam Im working with. Would it be best to just score the cut on the foam and just bend it (valley/mountain) or would it be best to completely cut the piece away and cut the foam to favor the angle that is needed? Thanks for any help!
halo.jpg

Definitely. The model data is the same, a foam unfold (the majority of the time) is just a paper unfold that has been converted to foam. If you can't find a foam version, you can either attempt to unfold for foam yourself (kind of a steep learning curve for someone new to pepakura to teach themselves) or post up a request on this site. Most spacemarine helmets (I know I'm going to regret saying this later) are not too difficult to unfold for foam.

Last edited:
I have a question about angles, Im working on JFs Kids Halo helmet unfold and was wondering how to move forward with the cuts. In the picture is the unfold from pepakura and the piece of foam Im working with. Would it be best to just score the cut on the foam and just bend it (valley/mountain) or would it be best to completely cut the piece away and cut the foam to favor the angle that is needed? Thanks for any help!
View attachment 274919

I would definitely cut and score the foam and bend it. For inside angles, back cut along the lines and it will fold nice for you. (obviously don't cut through)
On the mountain folds, I look at the severity of the angle. If it's under 45 degrees, I back cut along the fold line like above, and then run an angled-in cut parallel to that first back-cut, removing the resulting wedge.

For mountains over 45 degrees, I skip the first backcut and just angle cut in equally from both sides of the corner (on the back), removing the larger wedge.

Here's a pic; I'm pretty sure I'm just reiterating what JFcustom recommends in his first post lol

View attachment 274921

Definitely. The model data is the same, a foam unfold (the majority of the time) is just a paper unfold that has been converted to foam. If you can't find a foam version, you can either attempt to unfold for foam yourself (kind of a steep learning curve for someone new to pepakura to teach themselves) or post up a request on this site. Most spacemarine helmets (I know I'm going to regret saying this later) are not too difficult to unfold for foam.
Thank you very much I just got 6 files to create my girlfriends Sister of Battle. Looks like they are only pep. Who wants the email? lol They are .pdo files

Thanks laellee too, for your backup and support here :) I use my glue gun more than my keyboard these days... :\

Of course, great work on the mark VII!

Know the feeling with the glue gun, I jump on here when I take a break to keep from going insane. I just finished up an upper torso that took 40 pages of foam templates, and that was after I took out all of the extra pieces that could just be flipped over and traced. :wacko:facepalm:sleep

anyone know if theres a pep file for this helmet or JF if you have time you think this would ever be on your to do list?

http://www.collecttolkien.com/images/Helmets/Helm%20FOTR%20High%20Elven%20UC%20Jan2005%20$400.jpg

I registered just to thank you JFcustom thanks to your topic could complete a costume iron man who was stuck in the mask. The file available here helped me make it and finally give fancy to my son. I used cardboard instead of foam, worked very well ... As a bonus met this wonderful community.

Sorry for my poor english, I'm from Brazil and I had to use Google Translator to communicate with you.

thank you very much

Hey guys, has anyone here built one of jfs files into a cardboard build?? just to see how it looks??? and for cardboard , does it require the same tecnique as the foam tutorial he explains although cardboard bends easily than foam but am curious.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back