Who makes an accurate Darth Vader ROTJ lightsaber?

Did I not just say that it wasn’t the hero? I said it was similar to the V2 in that it has the most screen time.

Im also rebutting that it had the most screen time. It did not

MPP

Jedi-Rewatch-121715.jpg

Straight slant and knobs visible.

Now comes in the graflex during the second half

Star-Wars-Episode-VI-Return-Of-The-Jedi-Darth-Vader-darth-vader-18356420-1050-656.jpg

Like I said I showed on set proof of the MPP hanging on the belt so actually it got more screen time despite it not being visible. IT WAS THERE.

Another thing is, since the MPP is shown the on the belt, that is the go to hilt for accuracy when costuming as Vader. Regardless of the rest.

You also realize that they'd never use the hero hilt as a dueling hilt. So regardless of whether the not the "MOM" hilt was used in those scenes or not, it's NOT the MPP hero...

There’s pics in the lightsaber guide in the top post— The MPP stunt was used in the first half of the duel, ther Graflex-stunt is used in the last little bit— and a resin cast of the Graflex stunt is what gets thrown at Luke

Last edited:
There’s pics in the lightsaber guide in the top post— The MPP stunt was used in the first half of the duel, ther Graflex-stunt is used in the last little bit— and a resin cast of the Graflex stunt is what gets thrown at Lukje.

Key word being ‘stunt’...

I believe its the hero MPP used in the first half of the duel. If you look closely it has T tracks on it. The ESB stunts did not have any on them. Now why would they add them to a stunt in ROTJ if it would be more comfortable for Anderson to go with out them like in ESB?

Which makes me think that the Graflex stunt may have been intended to be a hero at one point since it has T tracks on it too. Those buggers a a pain in the ass to weild in a duel. They rough up my hands.

That´s your opinion, but not everyones opinion.

How is it my opinion when I presented factual evidence the ESB hero hanging on the belt in ROTJ? That hilt was intended to be the hero Saber for Vader especially since its the only one ever proved to hang from the belt. That is Vader's Lightsaber for ROTJ.

Despite the arguments of the duel using a stunt or the hero, there is evidence of A MPP seen during the duel.

The crew had the hero MPP and a stunt for filming so how could it be my opinion the intended saber or THE saber for Vader in ROTJ is a MPP?

Its right there in the images I posted.

Fixed the link!

MPP Vader is hero Vader in my opinion also. :)

I really like the stunt though because of all the character.

I think noone would argue which one is stunt and which one is the hero.
But it doesn´t matter which saber was "intended" to be "the real one" - as long as a replica is used (and made accurate) that was (the original) used while filming, it´s a screen accurate representation.

With your logic a Luke can´t be played with a stunt macro, only with a hero. Same for any other stunt version, easy visible or not.

That only represents you preference, but noone needs to accept that as the only way to display a character.

I think noone would argue which one is stunt and which one is the hero.
But it doesn´t matter which saber was "intended" to be "the real one" - as long as a replica is used (and made accurate) that was (the original) used while filming, it´s a screen accurate representation.

With your logic a Luke can´t be played with a stunt macro, only with a hero. Same for any other stunt version, easy visible or not.

That only represents you preference, but noone needs to accept that as the only way to display a character.

I was referring to the belt hanger. Higher end Vader's more often then not dont troop with a blade. The Stunt would be perfect for a bladed saber but as far as the belt hanger goes the MPP would complete the look as the graflex would look odd.

This is all the fault of the Archives book from the 90s.

Which came first, that book or the POTF line? Hasbro also helped to perpetuate the myth that the MOM saber was Vader's main saber in ROTJ. All the merchandising at that time features that saber. They even made it into a full size toy for kids. They were doing it long before MR was on the scene. Not their fault at all.

Regardless, its a great looking saber and I need one in my collection again.

The Archives book came first I think-- it preceded the visual dictionaries too. I'll have to double check the copyright date when I get home, I know mine is first addition. Not sure where it is in relation to the tech journal, which famously used a Heiland for the Vader saber.

But now that we know the Vader hero went missing post ROTJ (as evidenced by Don Birds making all the promo versions) it would make sense that the book used the stunt/MOM. And given that the ISYHCANL/Cave build was the last made and still in the archives, it was an obvious choice for Luke. From that point on, those two sabers more or less became the official versions that all replicas and toys were then based on. As recently as BAttlefront 2, the Vader stunt is still being presented as the official Vader.

I was referring to the belt hanger. Higher end Vader's more often then not dont troop with a blade. The Stunt would be perfect for a bladed saber but as far as the belt hanger goes the MPP would complete the look as the graflex would look odd.

That's not really true several Vader's on the SLD troop with a Saber including Darth Sloan who has an excellent Vader costume....you tend to state your personal preferences as facts.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back