The Definitive DC Extended Universe Batsuit Research Thread

Re: Ben Affleck In BvS: Dawn Of Justice Batsuit!

well they prob been looking at the comment from every reveal so far and thought screw it, no pleasin the hardcore fanboys :p

I like it and i will not let a title of a movie cloud my judgement over the actual release let alone the fact this is a thread about the suit :D

When Affleck was announced I was a little underwhelmed, but I love the look of the suit and I had an idea there would be another suit to be revealed, the powers that be gave us this as a teaser. But as for the movie title, it looks more and more like a justice league build up, don't get me wrong I LOVE the justice league I was just hoping for a "worlds finest", I am a bit worried there going to try and cram a lot of other character origins in (as they did with spiderman 3) and leave the plot a bit too thin. Please please don't let it be so.

If anyone is interested in viewing my own colorized Batsuit from BvS then this is it:
6uw67.jpg

Re: First Look: Ben Affleck In BATMAN/SUPERMAN Batsuit!

Not that big. Knowing a bit on anatomy and body building here is a few little things. The left side, picture, 1- he is sucking in his gut to the point he prob can't breathe very well. The lower ribs under his pecks are out too much to have that type of belly naturally. He prob still has a bit of the beer belly and don't want to show it. Way fabric is moving as well tells that story. Right pic - Bicep's, yep he got those, but his triceps and shoulders need major work still to fit that suit. Pec wise, pretty good, forearms, are good too. Nice to see someone actually working those to kind of match the rest. So many guy's forget about forearms, and even leg's when "working out". But overall depending on the time frame of that pic, he could fill the suit nicely. Then again, airbrush... wait, computer touch-ups, can fill in the litte gaps afterwords if needed... LOL Hopefully he and "sup's" are working out together and will both be "super" for the actual filming.

As for the suit it's self. Not sure I like that whole Cement/Carbon fiber/Kevlar style. I like the Game versions of the suits, and love the new Arkham Knight batsuit.

Diggin the new look, especially the cowl. Not overly fond of the bat symbol he's sporting though (don't hate it, but i kinda wish they had gone with a different version)

View attachment DSC_1046.JPGView attachment DSC_1041.JPGView attachment DSC_1045.JPGHi guys so found a good fabric I thanksgiving to see it in person to be sure getting mad laws cowl making leather cape gloves and boots but want some advice my suit will be double layers with muscles between I want to glue the fabric (it's a knit material similar to cardigans) over the foam muscles what is the best glue or should I use latex to stick it down? and should I sew the body suit then put it over the muscle suit or should I glue it down and the sew areas that need it? Thanks have attached couple pics of work In progress barely even began I just put on a cardigan I had to see if any deffenitionhas shown through

Last edited:

New pics of the cape and cowl from Comic Con 2014 (also check out the Arkham Knight capes and cowls in the background). Can anyone pinpoint the material the cape is made of? To me, it looks like a heavy leather. But what kind?

batmansdcc001.jpgbatmansdcc007.jpgbatmansdcc011.jpgbatmansdcc009.jpgbatmansdcc008.jpgbatmansdcc006.jpgbatmansdcc005.jpgbatmansdcc002.jpgbatmansdcc001.jpg10462658_10152554762007243_5994778987687736265_n.jpg

Last edited:

New pics of the cape and cowl from Comic Con 2014 (also check out the Arkham Knight capes and cowls in the background). Can anyone pinpoint the material the cape is made of? To me, it looks like a heavy leather. But what kind?

View attachment 352768View attachment 352769View attachment 352770View attachment 352771View attachment 352772View attachment 352773View attachment 352774View attachment 352775View attachment 352768View attachment 352789

Does it have the right eyebrow raised?

And that cape does look like leather..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting the pics. I'm thinking the cape will be made of latex with a fabric cast in to it.

image.jpg From what it looks like, there's a slit under the chin for more mobility. I could be wrong, but it seems like a slit under the jaw would improve mobility.

why would they go with a stiff cowl where he cannot turn his head it makes no sense in a modern era...

why would they go with a stiff cowl where he cannot turn his head it makes no sense in a modern era...
we don't know yet what the movement is and I think if they did a two part cowl people would say they have just copied tdk

Maybe they have a stiff static cowl for display and some scenes, but have a neckless cowl too and will cgi the neck on affleck like they did for Cavill's cape ? Or they used a more flexible material than the traditional urethane/latex they used for the past cowls. One thing we know now : it's not a one piece cape/cowl, once again they are both separated. Won't lie, I'm a little disappointed about that.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back