New Zvezda Star Destroyer Model kit

Post your thoughts!

Just glancing at the few dealers on ebay that list how many they sold, the number is 170. I'm sure more than that have sold though. Can you imagine 170 of these showing up at WonderFest?

Impressive. Enough fire power to destroy a planet!

Mine has been ordered with anticipated arrival in mid February...

Yes... I caved and bit the bullet. I trust I will not regret it based on what I've seen and read. :D

I have too much on my plate to build this right now, so I struck a deal with a local pro builder (Captian Han Solo on this site) to build this model for me.

I'll get the kit to him this weekend. Possibly he will post pics of the build progress. Up to him.

I'm going to wager a bet that you will probably like it. A lot!

A bet you would win. I will definitely like it... a lot. The cost was a bit of an ouch for me at the moment but I've let too many kits slide by because of that limit and later regretted it. So, this is a preemptive strike against regret. I think regret has no chance in this case. :lol

All the pictures that have been posted have been awesome. Looking forward to the build logs.

Mine made it to town and should win my hands by the end of the day. Squeak giggles. Still haven't thought of how I'm going to display it though Damn I need to figure it out
I'm planning on making a big display case for mine like I did for my bandai AT-ST. I need to do that for all of my models, really.
BAM_4843.JPG

Hello everyone, newbie here!

Just placed my order today and while I wait, I'm collecting reference photos. I'm little confused regarding the color lights because I've seen Star Destroyer photos where they seem to be either bluish, white or amber. Some models even have a few red lights thrown in. Same for the engine lights. I've seen blue and then white engine lights. I'd love to hear your opinions.

When I answered the door, Mailman was hold this...

SC_0162_zpsuytmx2mw_edit_1483651926601_zpshpwvbrcx.jpg

... From Russia with Love... in a cheesecloth bag.

No shipping package or protection, just a bag, with the Zvezda SD box inside the bag. Box got beat up in shipping, nice big hole in the front, but the contents of the kit are all there and intact.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I'm trying to decide whether to get one or not.
It would just be a build and paint job though, as i don't think i could be bothered with all the lighting.

Keith.

K, for the rest of you with packages stuck in Moscow since the 26/27th...maybe not! I just updated and now see it listed as "arrived at local distribution center - Canada" as of today! So...somewhere inside a 10 million square killometer area...I gots a Stardestroyer on the way!!! Your packages may NOT actually be sitting in Moscow is the take away :)

Glad to see they didn't just shove the parts in one of those large mailer envelopes they have sent the boxes in!
I'll have you know not everyone ordered from someone so careless. Mine was wrapped in a single thin sheet of bubble wrap and THEN shoved in a large mailer envelope, thank you very much!

The way my luck has been lately, they will probably cut all the parts off the sprues, THEN put them in an old metal coffee can:lol

Just as long as it get's here, I'll be happy.

Robert

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back