TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

with the tube end cap, makes me feel better about my replica, not I don't have to worry about the wording. I'll just cover her up! ;)

It will also help with the bottoms that have been drilled wrong with spacing or out of the correct alignment with the clamp. I have a hilt that I really don't know what the guy was thinking...or drinking...when he drilled :facepalm

I already had a graflex 4 cell tube cut down to a 3 cell! What a relief that the blank bottom has been made accurate!

That makes sense - I know they were using Hyperdyne blades, but yes, it looks like when Rey's using the lightsaber the LEDs aren't quite as bright as Finn's scene with it. I'll check out the CineFX article when I get a chance.

I still have my doubts about them using anything other than in-house builds for the film. If hyperdyne did help out, an NDA would likely prevent him from saying anything about it so soon.

I still have my doubts about them using anything other than in-house builds for the film. If hyperdyne did help out, an NDA would likely prevent him from saying anything about it so soon.
I haven't been around on this forum long enough to get into that argument, but this was posted back in January.
I'll chime in here finally as I can.

For the protruding antenna, that is most likely the radio antenna. I supplied Disney with saber electronics that were most likely used in these scenes. As you know they used lighted sabers on set. Disney research bought my saber drivers (customized for them), blade boards, and sound modules to demo right before TFA principle photography started. I worked with them to get it all figured out.

Looking closely at this enhanced photo, has anyone else noticed how the thing just above the Graflex Clamp in Maz Kanata's storage chest looks very much like a flat bottom boring bit or one of the blades to a hand-held vertical food mixer/processor? attachment copy.png

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back