rocket raccoon WIP

Thank you! I'm pretty excited, and so is he. The rest of my kids are getting excited too as I buy things for their costumes. I still have to sculpt lots of pieces like my other childs starlord mask, nebula's arm and facial pieces, ronans armour, the fin for Yondu, my husbands drax markings, my few facial prosthetics for gamora etc etc etc..thank goodness we set a goal for next year. haha

Ha ha thanks guys!! I can't wait to finish it. I found a pattern Im going to modify for his suit, its a child's size 6 (the pattern on the right), which should fit him by the time we go. I will not add the zipper they have for the pattern in the front, though I will try and add a hidden zipper because a five year old has to pee quite often :)
Please forgive my crude microsoft paint art, its the only program I have at work during my breaks. hahaha
View attachment 358905 padding.JPGThe horribly drawn red area is where the padding will be added :)

I can't believe what a difference the airbrushing made! I don't have an airbrush so I'll have to figure out some kind of work around for the one I'm attempting to make. The video was great.

I can't believe what a difference the airbrushing made! I don't have an airbrush so I'll have to figure out some kind of work around for the one I'm attempting to make. The video was great.

Thank you!! I heard you can use a brush and watered down acrylics to get the same effect but I haven't tried it yet.

Did you swap out some fur on the outer sides of the head or was it airbrushed white? Thanks for the tip with watered down acrylics.

edit: I'm assuming for the fur you selected "raccoon" from the etsy seller. Do you remember which fur you selected for the white on the snout and eyebrows?

Last edited:
This is really ripper work, mate! (Did I do that right? This seppo just being a wacker by trying?)

But trust me, you do NOT want to have raccoons. Look cute, sure, but man.

Although compared to some of your fauna, I suppose they might be sweet.

Haha I'm not even sure what you're saying but points for trying! But thank you! :)

Lol yeah we have some interesting fauna though we don't really encounter the more dangerous variety in the 'burbs. I think our possums (the brushtails) are probably like your raccoons, just less scavenger-y. On the upside we don't have rabies here!

Did you swap out some fur on the outer sides of the head or was it airbrushed white? Thanks for the tip with watered down acrylics.

edit: I'm assuming for the fur you selected "raccoon" from the etsy seller. Do you remember which fur you selected for the white on the snout and eyebrows?
I airbrushed it. The fur wasn't even and was shorter in some spots. I did purchase the raccoon one, also the creamy snow bunny. The fur was whiter than it looked. Very nice though. Hope painting works for you. It really brings stuff to life!

Super clever idea for the feet! I'll have to remember that if I ever do something similar. :)

Also, Kix is right. Raccoons are cute, but destructive! We ended up with a trio of mostly-grown juveniles living in our attic about a year after we bought our house and they just trashed the place. And damaged the side of the house climbing up the eavestroughs to get there! I personally don't mind raccoons, as long as they aren't living in my house or tearing apart my trash. :p

Oh no! We have a similar issue sometimes with possums. And rats :/ We tend to get rats in the ceiling and walls. But both can be quite destructive. They're cute though. Though possums sound like demon spawn...

The finished head looks absolutely amazing! Very realistic, and the airbrushing really sets it off. Awesome work!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back