D.C.'s Gotham tv series

Kind of a weird vibe between Penguin and Nygma.

I thought for a second last night they were going to blurt out I love you and start kissing or something in that one scene...or was it just me :lol

Nah, I think that was purposeful. Penguin clearly longs for someone close to share his victories with, which used to be his mother. They've developed a strong friendship with Riddler and Penguin so far on the show, I don't mind if it has a few undertones, or goes into a romantic area. Neither has been established to be entirely straight (Nygma dated and killed Kringle of course) but neither have they hinted at a bi or gay background either - in fact, I don't think we've ever even seen a Penguin relationship on screen in Gotham? So he's kinda primed. It wouldn't take away from his arc to be honest as long as it's handled well like Tabitha and Barbara. It could even be a one way street if Penguin felt that way towards Nygma and he only felt it as a friend. They have a shared bond with being in Arkham, and saving each others lives multiple times.

If it happens, it would make sense in the story, which is all that matters.

I think it will build up for some amazing betrayal between Nygma and Cobblepot, which is great - the villains truly feel like they are becoming the villains from the comics. It's really well done I think - Nygma is now one of my favourite characters to watch.

Jim was really good this week too - I really like seeing a balanced Jim who is just ever so slightly melancholy - it's exactly as I imagine him in the comics, the guy that is good, smart, nice but with a brutal edge to him. His and Bruces cafe scene was perfect! Young Batman having a heart to heart with Young Jim Gordon....amazing.

Young Bruce starting to attend the parties and the functions and show face - and to be honest, now that he isnt looking into the Court of Owls, the show feels better. I know it will come back, but still. I hope we get more of these episodes where its just telling us whats happening this week in Gotham, rather than anything mental or big happening. The characters are entertaining enough.

I love Gotham! I'm only on season 2 right now but I'll get there someday[emoji38] .

I think all of the characters have there own mind set but they share the same mind set at the same time. Jim is dangerous but also melancholy. Jerome was crazy straight up. Penguin was dangerous but slightly melancholy. Get my drift?

I think one of the problems that I didn't like about the show was that they killed Jerome instead of letting him become the joker later. I think he did a good job. Anyone else feel that way?

Alex

Nah, I think that was purposeful. Penguin clearly longs for someone close to share his victories with, which used to be his mother. They've developed a strong friendship with Riddler and Penguin so far on the show, I don't mind if it has a few undertones, or goes into a romantic area.

Don't get me wrong, I could care less morally whether they get romantic or not, as long as it's not just done for the sake of headline "shock" value

it just seemed really awkward of a scene, like neither was sure

- - - Updated - - -

I think one of the problems that I didn't like about the show was that they killed Jerome instead of letting him become the joker later. I think he did a good job. Anyone else feel that way?

Yeah, I think they really wasted that character and should have kept him around longer. I would have enjoyed seeing him develop

now that he isnt looking into the Court of Owls
I feel like I'm missing something with that deal.

He confronts them, and walks away with: they'll stop trying to kill him and he'll turn a blind eye to their evil everything....including allowing his company, in his name, to be corrupt.

REALLY? He started strong and then just caved in the worst way. Worst. Negotiator. Ever.

Don't get me wrong, I could care less morally whether they get romantic or not, as long as it's not just done for the sake of headline "shock" value

it just seemed really awkward of a scene, like neither was sure

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I think they really wasted that character and should have kept him around longer. I would have enjoyed seeing him develop

That is kind of what it would be like though, no? A friendship that has grown close, both of which arent exactly mentally stable, definitely with their own neurotic behaviour etc, both been through a lot together etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like I'm missing something with that deal.

He confronts them, and walks away with: they'll stop trying to kill him and he'll turn a blind eye to their evil everything....including allowing his company, in his name, to be corrupt.

REALLY? He started strong and then just caved in the worst way. Worst. Negotiator. Ever.

I kind of expected that though - young Bruce shouldnt be able to defeat the Court of Owls - he has however been able to stalemate them, with him on the "losing" side. Which is just about perfect I think. He isn't the fully developed Batman we know yet, so its awesome that he would have developments like this I think.

He'll find a way to push back at them soon though, definitely this season. Fairly certain Clone Bruce is being primed for being the main Talon.

The kid who played Jerome was amazing. Watching him do his thing was absolutely fascinating because he would flit effortlessly from one incarnation of the Joker to the next. Oh, hey, there's Jack, now there's Heath, holy crap, shades of Caesar Romero!

It was beautiful and over far too soon, in my opinion. Someone give that kid more work!

Not a bad episode, not a great one. Enjoyable, and seeing the Mad Hatter continue down his path of destruction is pretty decent. He is actually quite formidable.

Need me some Bruce back though, missed him and Alfred this week.

Question: in this week's episode, when Gordon was hallucinating, it sounded like Penguin was talking backwards at first, before reminding him to never leave folks in his unit behind. Any idea what he was saying?

Yeah I noticed that too, but haven't found out what he said yet - perhaps he was just saying what he said afterwards but in reverse?

I thought they did the whole "hallucinating episode" quite well to be honest - there used to be this kind of thing, a formula for an episode at some point during a series that has sort of devolved now that more and more strong stories are being told in different formats on Netflix etc.

I enjoyed that it felt like Arkham, but a review made a fairly good (if over simplified) point. In this episode, we have seen how tortured Gordon is - and yet we see that Bruce is trying to lead a normal childhood, setting up dinner and a date (is he supposed to be about 14 or 15 now?)

Now that brings up a good point, that Gordon is currently the "more tortured one" - but it fails to take into account that Bruce's horror, his parents being murdered in front of him, is not the worst thing that can happen to a person. There are objectively worse things, in magnitude. There are worse situations to be in. What is important, is that Bruce holds this kernel inside that holds all of that sadness and pain, and where most people allow the kernel to grow cold and it remains just a memory, he keeps it hot. It is always, always at his core, not a memory, it is real, it is there.

With Gordon, he is a hot headed youngish cop (now in the show) who has experienced sadness and pain to a heavy degree. Where we see Gordon in the comics, is an older person who has faced his demons and won, he fights the good fight and doesn't relent, he is ostensibly a good person with a painful background. He lets his kernel go cold, just later than most. Batman never does.

I know Gotham doesn't have a huge following here compared to other shows, but I absolutely loved the scene in this week's episode between Lee and Jerome. The two actors really play well together.

Also funny that the actor playing Jerome's lead disciple played the schizophrenic guy brainwashed by the Joker in Dark Knight...

!!
I8TabOa.png

I know Gotham doesn't have a huge following here compared to other shows, but I absolutely loved the scene in this week's episode between Lee and Jerome. The two actors really play well together.

Also funny that the actor playing Jerome's lead disciple played the schizophrenic guy brainwashed by the Joker in Dark Knight...
That was a great scene!

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Don't blame Jared Leto...Don't. As he put it, his best scenes wound up on the cutting room floor. Hollywood, STILL cutting good scenes because they don't believe an audience will sit for an extra 20 minutes.

Don't blame Jared Leto...Don't. As he put it, his best scenes wound up on the cutting room floor. Hollywood, STILL cutting good scenes because they don't believe an audience will sit for an extra 20 minutes.
Well no I'm not hating on him or anything I've just sort of dropped away from the newer superhero movies lately. Havnt cared to mess with them. Trying to finish up some starwars stuff before I fall back into the superhero crack you know? Not hating anybody.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back