TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

I just went back and looked at photos of the Launch Bay cards and the Wired saber, and the Wired circuit board looks almost transparent while the Launch Bay cards are very milky and translucent.

Amen!

Thanks for this overview.
The only thing I would add to the inaccuracies of the Launch Bay sabers, is that the thin traces of the circuit board are mirrored.

If left-side thin traces are the main and "correct" orientation, and right-side thin traces are the "mirrored" version, then it should be noted that the WIRED version ALSO has right-side traces, AKA a "mirrored" version of the card.

Also, we do get a pretty clear pic of the card on the Maz box/indoor hero after she hands it to Finn. We see it has left-side thin traces, but I don't recall how translucent it appeared.

So, what is the consensus on the screen used t-track profile? Is it a new profile or the same we've seen before?

The Launch Bay saber in Post 2240 above seems to have tracks that protrude significantly less than ANH/ESB. Along with a mirrored circuit card and rivet details, I agree with James, nit screen-used.

After looking back at the Maz-to-Finn Maz box saber handoff scene, it does indeed appear that the card is translucent.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure the launch bay sabers should be used as a basis for screen accuracy though as they don't appear to match the hero props. There is a clear view of the bottom of Rey's saber at the very end when she takes it out of her bag to hand to Luke. It shows what appears to be a covering on the bottom, the presence of rivets on the Kobold and should provide a clear view of the grip profile. Does anyone have a high res pic of that moment?

i dont know if you guys have seen what OnFire5210 just posted but heres another great photo of the graflex

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=259129

VXS5XfM.jpg

thanks again onfire for the great picture!

Attachments

• VXS5XfM.jpg
    VXS5XfM.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 34
  • VXS5XfM.jpg
    VXS5XfM.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 38
  • VXS5XfM.jpg
    VXS5XfM.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 40
  • VXS5XfM.jpg
    VXS5XfM.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 35
  • VXS5XfM.jpg
    VXS5XfM.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 35
Last edited by a moderator:
I kinda like it. It's clearly taking inspiration from Kenobi's ANH -- which makes sense given the in-universe provenance -- and it's a lot more interesting to look at than a blank flat plate.

Also resembles a certain 3D printed part you designed... :)

Is that from the Target exclusive feature? Anybody have a link to that video online because I only got the standard edition Blu-Ray

Yes, it's from the Target exclusive. I'd love to see the video too, but apparently it's a code you enter on Disney Movies Anywhere (their digital video platform) to unlock it within your digital copy of the movie. I'm sure it'll end up on the internet eventually.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back