Ghostbusters (2016) (Post-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Braeden was brought up in this thread, just figured I'd give an update. I'll post the finished trailer when it's done too.

Since Braeden was brought up in this thread, just figured I'd give an update. I'll post the finished trailer when it's done too.
Jettafro, you brought him up by posting those pics. And no, please don't waste our time by posting the trailer. Enough damage to the GB Fandom has been done and there is no need to add fuel to the fire.

https://www.gofundme.com/BraedenForTheWin

Slightly off-topic, but all of you GB fans that grew up watching the movies and cartoons--donate! Your fellow fan that hasn't had a great way to go needs your help.

If Neil, Goldenhawk, and Snikt all donate $50 per, I'll post my top complaints on the reboot. Screenshots dudes!

Not guilty as charged! Thanks again to d for the heads up it! Our team sent a support vid and donation in last week.

Post away, Jeff! I missed seeing the stuff from Braeden's big day, so it was cool to see. If @goldenhawk is offended or feel his time is being wasted, that's on him. The non-hateful fans and Sony coming together to show a cool kid going through a very tough time a fun day is an awesome thing. Last I noticed, this isn't solely a bashing thread. If it bugs him that bad, he can hit the safe space.

Post away, Jeff! I missed seeing the stuff from Braeden's big day, so it was cool to see. If @goldenhawk is offended or feel his time is being wasted, that's on him. The non-hateful fans and Sony coming together to show a cool kid going through a very tough time a fun day is an awesome thing. Last I noticed, this isn't solely a bashing thread. If it bugs him that bad, he can hit the safe space.
Don't really care. It feels like our money was wasted though. Sony should have just paid the bill.

As for posting the video of this, just trying to avoid another "most disliked video issue" related to the stupid Feigbusters crap. If this kid's video features reboot stuff instead of the original GB stuff, we all know where that is going to go.....disliked and down voted along with anything related to Feigbusters.

Actually, no, I couldn't care less about 'making' you 'look' anything. The constant whining, continual misogynistic posts (and a thread which was deleted) and name-calling do more to show people what kind of woman-hating man-babies you anti GB16 folks are without me having to lift a finger.

Oh god gimme a break, are you kidding me? See, youre just at the opposite end of the spectrum. Assuming that just because someone is anti GB2016 that they are misogynistic woman hating man babies. Its such a ridiculous blanket statement to say, and it makes you come off as an insufferable, pretentious blow hard. I guess I shouldnt feed the troll but sometimes things need to be said. Yes, those types of people exist, but just because you dont want to see, or think this movie is trash doesnt make you hate women, or devolve you into a baby. Its insulting and Im tired of people saying that. Its completely asinine.

Oh god gimme a break, are you kidding me? See, youre just at the opposite end of the spectrum. Assuming that just because someone is anti GB2016 that they are misogynistic woman hating man babies. Its such a ridiculous blanket statement to say, and it makes you come off as an insufferable, pretentious blow hard. I guess I shouldnt feed the troll but sometimes things need to be said. Yes, those types of people exist, but just because you dont want to see, or think this movie is trash doesnt make you hate women, or devolve you into a baby. Its insulting and Im tired of people saying that. Its completely asinine.

hence the joyous block button ;o)...

I guess i was supposed to feel burned or something by that post... or devolve into a raging mess ;o)..

one more reason why i'm trying to cut back on internet interaction these days. it's no fun anymore ;o).
When you have to write posts 20 different ways to try and not offend 50 different people, it's more of a chore than it's worth ;o)..

I also love how someone takes joy in seeing a post deleted ;o)..

smh....

I wish there was a way to have posts blocked in quotes by people on your ignore list so you don't see the stuff ;o).

Both "sides" have been guilty of generalizing-- lumping pro/anti fans into categories. It's nothing new. I have friends that despised the reboot that are neither racists, misogynists, OR man-babies. I'm of the opinion that the entitled man-baby argument definitely holds water with a few examples around here, though.

Now back on topic, here is some cool production concept art of the new weapons!
VUkZ7No.jpg
FTDEIxi.jpg
SzqOZiL.jpg

Full gallery here! http://imgur.com/a/iNus2#FTDEIxi

Last edited:
Seen some folks making the 2nd hand weapon that was used in the film. There's also a 3-D printed kit of Holtzmann's guns out there.

Jettafro, you brought him up by posting those pics. And no, please don't waste our time by posting the trailer. Enough damage to the GB Fandom has been done and there is no need to add fuel to the fire.

I don't mind the video posted.

what I minded was how this entire subject was brought up.

trying to shame people into donating just because they are 'wasting their energies' hating on a movie some people like for whatever reason.

hardly the charitable spirit bragging about donating, either..

Why is it that the GB Franchises are trying way to become like the 501st?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3j5J1aCXC3zMFhGOHk3YkxjWlU/view

BTW, last time I checked, it was all the pro reboot scum that were removing posts about the Feigbusters bomb in order to maintain their safe places. The anti rebooters are just celebrating the monumental monetary failure on Sony's part.

BTW, last time I checked, it was all the pro reboot scum that were removing posts about the Feigbusters bomb in order to maintain their safe places. The anti rebooters are just celebrating the monumental monetary failure on Sony's part.
...and back on the generalization topic again. :lol

Why is it that the GB Franchises are trying way to become like the 501st?
Do you really need to ask that? Don't you spearhead a franchise that attends charity events?

From my perspective, the kid is a fan that is going through a rough time and his fellow GB fans wanted to do what they could do show him a fun day. I kinda figured this would be obvious.

...and back on the generalization topic again. :lol

Do you really need to ask that? Don't you spearhead a franchise that attends charity events?

From my perspective, the kid is a fan that is going through a rough time and his fellow GB fans wanted to do what they could do show him a fun day. I kinda figured this would be obvious.
My franchise came together in the 1980s to build costumes and props. That is our first and foremost reason we exist. We do one, two maybe three events a year. Appearances come second to us. It is not a priority to us. We do not feel the need to follow and become the Arizona Ghostbusters.

Take a step back... Really see what is going on here!

Anti-GB16 RPFers= Passing judgment and hating on a MOVIE.

Pro-GB16 RPFers= Passing judgment and hating on fellow RPFers.

READ THE RPF TOS again... Some of you are flirting with the BANhammer with your comments directed at fellow members.

I know our wonderful staff is probably talking everyday about how to go about stepping in here... (Not because one side is right or wrong)

I see this thread being locked.

It's good to stick to your guns and defend or attack a SUBJECT for what you BELIEVE is right!

But this is redundant and dumb.

This damn thread is at the top of the page NONSTOP! I'm personally tired of seeing it...

God bless us, everyone!

Last edited:

and this is one of the few places where we can do it in relative quiet.

so long as you try to block all the trouble makers who try to start stuff up.

other places are FAR, far more friendly to it. even the non dedicated GB sites.

personally, i think people are just being dumbed down by mediocrity, and just willing to accept what they are given in hopes of something better coming out of it, but, that's just me.

Well said, Ken.

The negativity flying back and forth is, frankly, getting a bit depressing.

I try to keep it directed toward the movie. but the outright hate for anti rebooters makes it tough to stay quiet on the subject. sometimes you just need to address it.

What I am getting tired of is the same people bringing the topic back around to the same subjects, that being the anti rebooters, time and time again. we're trying to ignore you and have our fun. try ignoring us once in a while. it really helps!

I honestly don't know why people don't use the ignore feature more often. these days it seems more fashionable to try and pick fights with those you don't agree with...or try to ire them up.

to me,that's the tiresome part. but, whatever...

we've only got a few weeks of 'fun' let to see how much lower this thing can sink till the DVD is out in october, so this thread is pretty much done anyway.

It's only a matter of, how many times can the pros bring up the same subject to annoy the cons...and the cons fire back like an endless hatfield and mccoy feud...

Well said, Ken.

The negativity flying back and forth is, frankly, getting a bit depressing.

I agree Ken, and you too firesprite. I dont get why people get so mad at people hating on a movie, to feel as though they are entitled to insult people based on their opinion of said movie. It boggles my mind. Its not even depressing, its infuriating. Lock this damn thread. Then of course Im sure the SJW's would see it as a "victory". :facepalm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back