Vader ROTJ Stunt MOM Saber control box hunt continues?

NeoRutty

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I couldn't find the original thread for this, or at least one that wasn't pretty much dead with images... So I started this one... if anyone knows where this should go, feel free to let me know!

This MAY have been covered before, but I couldn't find anything on that either...

Anyway, I was sitting at my desk, and in front of me was a motherboard... or some piece of computer.

My eyes was drawn to a part of it...

31454584210_b0bb558402_c.jpg

So these ports are from a current computer... maybe in the 80's these were bigger?

31454583520_f1fa2b4903_c.jpg

31454581440_fbce3384e8_c.jpg

Who knows anything about computers? We know they were cutting up cards for the control boxes... maybe the control box is from a computer as well?

I think the real part is some sort of switch, relay or fuse box. Bakelite maybe. A lot of RAF British parts look similar to the prop piece. I'm so glad you started this thread. Here are some pics I kept over the years
Box1.jpgdv_ls_rotj_02.jpgLFA_DVROTJ_emitter_ls.jpgLFA_RVROTJ_controlbox.jpg

now, I've seen things like this.Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 1.54.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-23 at 1.54.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-23 at 1.54.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-23 at 1.55.25 PM.png

It drives me crazy that this part is clearly not a one off... it's used on other sabers.

How has NO ONE seen this on anything else?

I always thought it looked like those magnets that are used to keep cabinets closed. I looked at several but couldn't find a match. I was looking through a wood working catelog and found the ball clasp and the hex screws, then saw the magnets. I was just imagining a vintage version of something like this.

b97530c8-7190-44d3-9535-7316f158c9fb_1000.jpg

Lol, I just this second looked up kitchen cabinet magnetic hinges - the two round shapes being the magnets. No luck there so far.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back