Marshmallow covered Ghostbuster cosplay

I was considering doing a *mildly budgeted* Ghostbusters cosplay for my comic con but would only do it if I could figure a way to pull off the post-Stay Puff explosion look (partially covered in marshmallow and soot). Does anyone have any idea how to do the "marshmallow goo" that will adhere to my clothes, pack and parts of my face and hair?

(Other than just using actual melted marshmallow of course :lol)

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Not a professional prop builder at all here but could maybe try wrapping parts and self dressed in costume in cellophane then spraying “spray foam” on, let dry, peel off, then paint white, and adhere to actual parts (no cellophane in place) with removable glue or adhesive so don’t wreck your stuff. Or just go as Venkman and have a drip on you...

I was thinkin' of doing Venkman as he best fits my body type/personality. I'd probably be buying one of those new Spirit Halloween packs and doing some customization on it for am not *too* concerned with damaging/gunking up my gear as I'd be putting it together for this ONE look then probably sell it/never wear it again...

What can I actually put on my body/hair that won't melt or evaporate but also NOT get me "high" from fumes, etc?

Thanks,
Mike

was thinking expanding foam aka great stuff would stick to the material its like satans bogies lol

I was thinking the same thing. It definitely won't fall off easily! Since it tends to be off-white, maybe paint it marshmallow-white once it has set. Otherwise... I dunno, glue some upholstery stuffing to the costume, paint it with something that'll give it a sticky marshmallow look.

I think some white craft foam over whatever you use as scaffolding will do the trick. It's translucent enough and porous enough, and can be heat-formed over any other foam you use underneath (I vote matress foam)

Sleep-Better-3-Inch-Extra-Firm-Conventional-Foam-Mattress-Topper.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVBsbDDw7nw

Also if you decide on actually wet marshmallow, you might have some luck with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMtX9KOoPsE

But I think your best bet would be to burn off/ melt white craft foam with a heat gun or open flame

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back