ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

So, I have a question for anyone who got the Bespin Luke. Does the Large fit bigger than the measurements on the site? If I go with their chart, it suggests I get XL, but I am right on the edge of possibly fitting a Large, as they are out of XL/XL.

I found the pants run pretty close, but the jackets run large. I ended up with a large pant and a medium jacket. For reference, I wear a 40 jacket and a 34x34 pant.

Sean

looking for a little feedback here. $500 special ends today. includes accessories for IV, V, and VI, plus droid caller. i have boba debt's blasters from V and VI and looking for a way to display or hold them. i have wanted a holster for a while. thought about going with Todd's, but with this deal and the droid caller and all accessories, how does this stack up. i may just jump on this today. any feedback pros or cons? i wear 35/36in jeans, but measuring around my hips with clothes on comes to about 42in - will likely go with a Medium size. thanks!

For those interested, it appears they're doing another run of the Solo rigs, expected in June.

https://www.anovos.com/collections/...er/products/star-wars-han-solo-hoster-rig-set

Sean

looking for a little feedback here. $500 special ends today. includes accessories for IV, V, and VI, plus droid caller. i have boba debt's blasters from V and VI and looking for a way to display or hold them. i have wanted a holster for a while. thought about going with Todd's, but with this deal and the droid caller and all accessories, how does this stack up. i may just jump on this today. any feedback pros or cons? i wear 35/36in jeans, but measuring around my hips with clothes on comes to about 42in - will likely go with a Medium size. thanks!

I have my revieww back at this post: https://cnet1.cbsistatic.com/img/0D...d6a34fa031/lego-imperial-patrol-star-wars.jpg

One of the positives for me was that you saved on all the parts. However I got in at tier 1 pricing and shipped for $386.37. So it was a better deal than today. I would encourage you to do the math. Look at the cost plus shipping (their shipping costs have really skyrocketed. So much so that you are often better buying Anovos products at other websites at full price and free shipping instead of buying at a special discount or sale price and paying their shipping costs.

Look at the costs of other holsters and figure out if you would buy the tools and caller from Anovos or other options. If leather quality is an issue, you need to factor that in as well.

I also wrote a comparison of other versions sold by others here: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=235024&p=3578013&viewfull=1#post3578013

I have the Anovos rig and love it, so far. I also got it at a cheaper price but $500 could still be worth it. Good job taking your hip measurement— that's one of the most important things, as I've seen some folks complain the sizing is off, when in reality I think they just went with the size they're used to wearing.

Here's a good thread comparing Anovos and Todd's— I chime in towards the end in regards to conditioning the leather: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86318

Anyone have a Bespin Luke costume in size medium? I’ve got a large and it’s a little too big. I’d be up for a trade or just to buy it straight up.

So I have an update for those that bought a Luke Skywalker ESB belt. I've had very good interaction with my Anovos CS rep... very helpful.

So Anovos has been made aware that the holster strap is too short, and is working on the issue. Based on what my CS rep said, another run is starting or expected Summer 2018. Not 100% on if stock is coming in or starting a batch in the summer ..... at any rate... based on what my CS rep was able to get from the review team was that this "summer" run will have the correct strap length (it would be longer) to snap with a Luke blaster in place.

They asked if I wanted to have a "strap replacement." I am guessing this would have to be a holster replacement... but I am following up to clarify. This replacement would come when the new holsters arrive, Summer 2018? So if you're happy with your belt size, and want a fully functional holster then this may be an option for you.

For me, I'm gonna try and exchange my medium for a large when the next batch comes in with the corrected holster strap. Tho I'm waiting to get confirmation on that path forward.

I'll follow up with any more updates when I have them...

From the various reviews that were posted, the Anovos Solo rig seems to run large. I wear a 34 pant, and the medium barely fits on the tightest setting. Put a blaster in the holster and it gets pulled down pretty easily.

So I have an update for those that bought a Luke Skywalker ESB belt. I've had very good interaction with my Anovos CS rep... very helpful.

So Anovos has been made aware that the holster strap is too short, and is working on the issue. Based on what my CS rep said, another run is starting or expected Summer 2018. Not 100% on if stock is coming in or starting a batch in the summer ..... at any rate... based on what my CS rep was able to get from the review team was that this "summer" run will have the correct strap length (it would be longer) to snap with a Luke blaster in place.

They asked if I wanted to have a "strap replacement." I am guessing this would have to be a holster replacement... but I am following up to clarify. This replacement would come when the new holsters arrive, Summer 2018? So if you're happy with your belt size, and want a fully functional holster then this may be an option for you.

For me, I'm gonna try and exchange my medium for a large when the next batch comes in with the corrected holster strap. Tho I'm waiting to get confirmation on that path forward.

I'll follow up with any more updates when I have them...

I've also been communicating with CS, and they’ve been pretty helpful, although I haven’t heard this yet. I found a leather maker who is going to look at replacing the strap for me. I’ll report back on how it goes.

Sean

As a comparison, Magnolia Clothing has the following;

Han’s Smuggler Shirt: $195.00
Han’s Smuggler Vest: $250.00
Han’s Military Trousers: $275.00
Han’s Falcon Boots: $295.00

Total: $1,015.00

Compared to Anovos sans boots: $1,449.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Anovos price on the Signature line for ANH seems pretty steep. I offer the shirt, vest, and pants for $675 even if you were to commission a holster or blaster on top it would still be below what their asking.

Edit - I am not knocking Anovos. I have several of their products including their standard Bespin and love it.

I have a discount code that expires in less than 24 hours that I'll donate. First PM gets it. Sorry for the last minute. I got an email reminder from them this morning.

As a comparison, Magnolia Clothing has the following;

Han’s Smuggler Shirt: $195.00
Han’s Smuggler Vest: $250.00
Han’s Military Trousers: $275.00
Han’s Falcon Boots: $295.00

Total: $1,015.00

Compared to Anovos sans boots: $1,449.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is if you get everything from Magnoli. There are sources such as Sovietboots.com for cheaper boots. Those are the boots I bought for my ROTJ Luke.

I have a discount code that expires in less than 24 hours that I'll donate. First PM gets it. Sorry for the last minute. I got an email reminder from them this morning.

Their item quality is AMAZING if you even manage to have the order filled out. But they sure are trying to put out a quality item for costumes. But I can not say anything good about the asking prices on the signature line. I think that is just gouging. That is sad when custom clothing hand made by privet or fan made sources who do this at home when they can are cheaper then a company who has an entire manufacturing process.

Their item quality is AMAZING if you even manage to have the order filled out. But they sure are trying to put out a quality item for costumes. But I can not say anything good about the asking prices on the signature line. I think that is just gouging. That is sad when custom clothing hand made by privet or fan made sources who do this at home when they can are cheaper then a company who has an entire manufacturing process.

You mean people who dont have to pay licensing fees to LFL\Disney, pay R&D costs on not just the actual product, but packaging, and lots of other business overhead like insurance, leases, payroll, etc. Yeah comparing Anovos to hobbyists isn't really a 1:1 comparison. You can say you don't like their pricing all you want, but until you are actually looking at all their costs, you can't say its gouging.

Just a question. Anovos said Kylo Premiere would start delivery the end of March and then through April. April of course is over and so would be their credibility if it was not already gone. Yes, I know their "out" is that they said they "anticipate" March/ April which is desperately slippery of them but has anyone gotten this stupid thing yet? Their other page says Spring Delivery but alright already.

Anyone pre-ordering anything at all from them, add a year to the estimated shipping date. One year. IF it is a whole costume of any kind add two years. No joke.

You mean people who dont have to pay licensing fees to LFL\Disney, pay R&D costs on not just the actual product, but packaging, and lots of other business overhead like insurance, leases, payroll, etc. Yeah comparing Anovos to hobbyists isn't really a 1:1 comparison. You can say you don't like their pricing all you want, but until you are actually looking at all their costs, you can't say its gouging.

True - but tbh $575 for a shirt is so extreme it really does sound like gouging!

Cheers

Jez

We live in a world where people will sell a plain cotton t-shirt with some screen printing for well over $100 just because it has some designer's name on it. Thats gouging. What Anovos is doing may end up being bad business for them, but I just don't see them as the type of company to overcharge "just because".

Here's a silly question; who in Lucasfilm is the one that says "hey, 'x' licensee holder for making replica costumes/props can have access to our film-used assets to build their product"?

I feel that in some of these instances that there's a disconnect at the """R&D""" stage

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back