The official Cosplaysky's AOU Captain America Costume

Never could take my helmet off. I took pictures with roughly 2000 people back to back.
That's what happens when I wear Star Lord uploadfromtaptalk1444070921812.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Holy Crap, what a weekend. Wore the Cosplaysky CA suit this weekend. Got drenched Friday, Froze my butt off Saturday, and then sweated my butt of Sunday. What is everyone using to keep their head cool while wearing there helmets? I was looking at a cooling cap off of Amazon. Also, thought I had nerve damage after carrying the shield around all day. Ended up having to switch hands every half hour.

I wear an Under Armour skull cap under my urethane rubber helmets, makes it a bit more comfortable and wicks away sweat.

Holy Crap, what a weekend. Wore the Cosplaysky CA suit this weekend. Got drenched Friday, Froze my butt off Saturday, and then sweated my butt of Sunday. What is everyone using to keep their head cool while wearing there helmets? I was looking at a cooling cap off of Amazon. Also, thought I had nerve damage after carrying the shield around all day. Ended up having to switch hands every half hour.

Im going to order this one and give it a try. They make wraps for around your neck, ski mask style and lots of different ones. They sell them at Lowes, but mine doesnt have the skull caps. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rue&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Question: My cosplaysky suit, even after hanging out for a while is looking kind of wrinkled from the shipping. How safe is it to iron the main parts?

Otherwise, any suggestions?

Question: My cosplaysky suit, even after hanging out for a while is looking kind of wrinkled from the shipping. How safe is it to iron the main parts?

Otherwise, any suggestions?
Great question! I can try to iron my extra pants in the next day or 2 and see what happens

Damn! Awesome belt starlordquill !

Good work everyone. I'll have some pics of my altered suit soon too. Doing a major overhaul on pretty much every piece haha but the suit is a good base for sure.

12049535_10207041597374049_112653725516960029_n.jpg

I got the standard large and it actually fits me pretty amazing (5"10"/195 lbs). The arm mobility is definitely not great, but its something I can fix probably for future use. I screen print tshirts for a living so I see a lot of garments every day. It seems they patterned the arms resting to the side of the body as opposed to straight away from the body like most shirts/jackets/tshirts (they're all shaped like a T... this is more of an M shape) which is why upward arm mobility is so horrible. The fit is good, but the cut is a little bit long... body and sleeves could stand to be adjusted just a tad, but it's good overall.

It's a great base costume. I'm picking up the stainless steel pieces from dstengler and the arm magnets and Avengers "A"s from Kevin Gossett to remake the shoulder harness/belt. The included items are passable, but they're just too flimsy looking and are definitely the weakest parts of the included costume. The included gloves aren't great either but the boot covers (spats) aren't bad. Overall I think it was definitely money well spent.

Last edited:
Saw this in the reviews on the cosplaysky site for this suit "CosplaySky was extremely wonderful with this. I had it custom fit and asked for the blue to be less shiny. They were extremely accommodating and actually ended up reversing the fabric since the blue inside had less of the gloss shiny look which I abhor. It arrived really quickly, fits perfectly, and looks GREAT! I can't wait to wear it.(Posted on 9/3/15)"

Is the inside fabric really that less shiny? For that matter, is the normal outside really shiny?

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this in the reviews on the cosplaysky site for this suit "CosplaySky was extremely wonderful with this. I had it custom fit and asked for the blue to be less shiny. They were extremely accommodating and actually ended up reversing the fabric since the blue inside had less of the gloss shiny look which I abhor. It arrived really quickly, fits perfectly, and looks GREAT! I can't wait to wear it.(Posted on 9/3/15)"

Is the inside fabric really that less shiny? For that matter, is the normal outside really shiny?
The inside is way less shinyuploadfromtaptalk1444450720344.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1444450720344.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wound up ordering a standard XL suit. Pretty crazy, I ordered it at 8:30PST on a Friday morning. Around 12 hours later I got a shipping notice. Monday morning I checked the tracking just for giggles and it was already in Los Angeles (I live in San Diego) with a delivery date of Tuesday. Around 11am Monday morning I checked again and it was at the depot in San Diego. I called the DHL depot, they located the package and I drove over and picked it up. Ordered Friday morning, in hand Monday morning! Wow.

I've worn the suit to two charity events in the last couple of weeks, overall very happy with it. The jacket fits me very well (6'1", 200lbs) but the pants are too big. For now I'm just wearing suspenders which work just fine, but plan on taking it to a tailor soon. I already have a nicer chest/back harness and likely one day will pick up a custom belt/pouch combo.

Also, someone on Facebook gave me a coupon code that took 15% off of my order: startreklondon2012 so $45 off was pretty nice.

Overall for the price and especially the speed, I'm very happy. Will be even happier with a few minor modifications.

Helmet is from Maulfett and shield is from Cousin Dave.

12019828_10204940590371420_4232483400149759198_n.jpg

12046592_10204941004821781_4090318327904201473_n.jpg

Helmet is from Maulfett and shield is from Cousin Dave.

View attachment 538987

View attachment 538994

Question for you. About to place my helmet order with Maul Fett and trying to figure out the sizing. What size did you get and how well did it fit for the actual circumference of your head? Like once the leather and everything was installed was it tighter, or is the 22.5 and 23.5 accurate with the leather and all installed?

I'm basically at 22.5 circumference exactly, so I'm not sure if I should order that one or order up, as I don't want it to be loose, you know?

I have bought two helmets from Maulfett so I think you asked the right guy. When I measured my head I got exactly 23.5". I was a little concerned that it would be too tight, so I decide to order a 24" helmet, figuring I'd rather have something a little too big than a little too small.

I got the helmet and it was plenty big. In fact when I wear it, I wedge a piece of foam between the helmet and the back of my head, so that the front is flush against my face. Otherwise it looks funny. But I was surprised just how big it was, considering it was only half an inch bigger than my actual measurement. Also I was able to easily heatform the face of the helmet to my face, which I think is very important if you want it to look right.

Then I ordered a second one and went with the 22.5 version, figuring I could heat form it to make it a little bigger. When I first got it, it wouldn't even come close to getting onto my head. I bought it as a kit so I drimmeled the eyes out and all of the excess off of the edges, then heated it up with the heat gun. While heating it up I was easily able to shape it enough to get it onto my head.

After heatforming it several times, the helmet is now wearable and when it's on, it's a much better fit, and I don't have to wedge any foam in the back. Although I did glue a small piece of foam in the top of the helmet, just because it's more comfortable.

One other thing - the helmet that is too big slips on and off of my head pretty easily. The one that fits better when it's on is a bear to get off. Also the leather doesn't add anything to the size, because it doesn't go through the whole helmet and it's not very thick. So not a factor. I'd say if you are 22.5, get the 22.5. Especially since the next size up is a full inch bigger. The heatforming is the key, IMO. And if you have questions on that, let me know. This post is too long already.

Question for you. About to place my helmet order with Maul Fett and trying to figure out the sizing. What size did you get and how well did it fit for the actual circumference of your head? Like once the leather and everything was installed was it tighter, or is the 22.5 and 23.5 accurate with the leather and all installed?

I'm basically at 22.5 circumference exactly, so I'm not sure if I should order that one or order up, as I don't want it to be loose, you know?

I have bought two helmets from Maulfett so I think you asked the right guy. When I measured my head I got exactly 23.5". I was a little concerned that it would be too tight, so I decide to order a 24" helmet, figuring I'd rather have something a little too big than a little too small.

I got the helmet and it was plenty big. In fact when I wear it, I wedge a piece of foam between the helmet and the back of my head, so that the front is flush against my face. Otherwise it looks funny. But I was surprised just how big it was, considering it was only half an inch bigger than my actual measurement. Also I was able to easily heatform the face of the helmet to my face, which I think is very important if you want it to look right.

Then I ordered a second one and went with the 22.5 version, figuring I could heat form it to make it a little bigger. When I first got it, it wouldn't even come close to getting onto my head. I bought it as a kit so I drimmeled the eyes out and all of the excess off of the edges, then heated it up with the heat gun. While heating it up I was easily able to shape it enough to get it onto my head.

After heatforming it several times, the helmet is now wearable and when it's on, it's a much better fit, and I don't have to wedge any foam in the back. Although I did glue a small piece of foam in the top of the helmet, just because it's more comfortable.

One other thing - the helmet that is too big slips on and off of my head pretty easily. The one that fits better when it's on is a bear to get off. Also the leather doesn't add anything to the size, because it doesn't go through the whole helmet and it's not very thick. So not a factor. I'd say if you are 22.5, get the 22.5. Especially since the next size up is a full inch bigger. The heatforming is the key, IMO. And if you have questions on that, let me know. This post is too long already.

Thank you so much, just the advice I needed!!!

Glad to help. So quick question on the Cosplaysky suit - My jacket fits me pretty well, not perfect but pretty good for a standard size. However my one main complaint is that the star is heavy, it drops down and the material right below it rides up in front of the star.

I haven't modified the jacket at all, I'm guessing if I somehow weighed down the bottom of the jacket, or attached it to the pants...something to have constant downward pull on the bottom half of the jacket - OR if I added padding under the jacket on my chest, that would get rid of the problem.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one to have this problem?

Glad to help. So quick question on the Cosplaysky suit - My jacket fits me pretty well, not perfect but pretty good for a standard size. However my one main complaint is that the star is heavy, it drops down and the material right below it rides up in front of the star.

I haven't modified the jacket at all, I'm guessing if I somehow weighed down the bottom of the jacket, or attached it to the pants...something to have constant downward pull on the bottom half of the jacket - OR if I added padding under the jacket on my chest, that would get rid of the problem.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one to have this problem?

nope not the only one image.jpg I've talking w my seamstress about it. It's the weight of the material plus the weight of the star that makes it pull and drag. What about making a lighter star? Or your padding idea may work.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back