Anakin Starkiller V2 lightsaber show-off thread

My question might already be answered somewhere but, why is there a difference between the genuine one and the replica ? Is that to kill the Graflex copyright and to give a close version of a canon clamp ?
That weathering is truly great indeed :) . . . However ... you say you use a real clamp on your V2, so here's my question : Does your 'X' line up like so? (see picture below)

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/Replica.jpg

Or does your 'G' and 'X' line up as seen on these pictures?

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/G - Clamp_zpsztjqfwmn.jpg

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/X - Clamp_zpshjwerck6.jpg

Chaim

I was fortunate enough to be hired by a client to paint one of Dan's V2 sabers. I am waiting on a pack of Mystery Chunks and I have to add the dimple and notch in the rod, but the paint work is more or less done.
I do have brown on the windvane, but it isn't really showing up too well in these photos. I may add another brown layer.

He requested I leave off the gaffer tape.

Attachments

• IMG_9404.JPG
    IMG_9404.JPG
    489.9 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_9405.JPG
    IMG_9405.JPG
    374 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_9406.JPG
    IMG_9406.JPG
    383.3 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_9407.JPG
    IMG_9407.JPG
    426.6 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_9408.JPG
    IMG_9408.JPG
    236 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_9410.JPG
    IMG_9410.JPG
    494.4 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_9411.JPG
    IMG_9411.JPG
    336.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_9412.JPG
    IMG_9412.JPG
    305.5 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_9414.JPG
    IMG_9414.JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_9415.JPG
    IMG_9415.JPG
    212.5 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
My question might already be answered somewhere but, why is there a difference between the genuine one and the replica ? Is that to kill the Graflex copyright and to give a close version of a canon clamp ?

Instead of copyright infringement, which is zero and void since G R A F L E X stopped producing their flashguns eons ago . . . so I think it has more to do with giving us a so-called 'tell' between a real vintage G R A F L E X clamp and a replicated new clamp by current clamp and flashgun makers, hence the G and X always line up correcty with the tab holes to tell us it's a genuine vintage part :)

Chaïm

Thank you ! I was questioning myself for a long time about that, it all make sense now. I think it's great to make a difference between a genuine G R A F L E X and a replica one. It helps people being aware of what they've got. And it's nice to give people a metal clamp with Graflex graved on it by telling them, in some way, that it's a replica, and not a fake "real one".
Thank you :)

That color scheme is so cool. It reminds me of the Icons Obi-Wan replica, basically alternating black and silver bits. That saber's got some mojo!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

This looks great. Really nice job.

I was in on the first run and asked for one with unscratched parts to do an AFFB then decided to do a weathered one, then did nothing with it. Now I'm thinking this looks really cool again.

This looks great. Really nice job.

I was in on the first run and asked for one with unscratched parts to do an AFFB then decided to do a weathered one, then did nothing with it. Now I'm thinking this looks really cool again.

Thank you! I need to clean the emitter face line up a bit, but yeah I love the look. Since I already have a weathered version of this saber, I wanted to do something different with this one. I based my decisions on which parts to paint from some renderings that Roy had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I need to clean the emitter face line up a bit, but yeah I love the look. Since I already have a weathered version of this saber, I wanted to do something different with this one. I based my decisions on which parts to paint from some renderings that Roy had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Precision tip cotton swabs and some paint thinner are your best friend when it comes to cleaning up edges like on the emitter lip.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back