Hasbro Black Series Rogue One Stormtrooper Helmet

Well, crap, I'm a 7 5/8. :(

my buddy with 7 5/8 tried it on, it "fits" but not something you can wear at a con for a few hours comfortably until its gutted out. the main issue is the rubber nose part that the weight of the helmet sits on is a bit far from the eyes so itd be pretty cramped.

I also went to a different target on the other side of town and they had 2 in similar setup in the toys as the last, but they were wrapped with those antitheft spider things which I thought was funny. the cashier also gave me $10 off that I didn't have to ask for let alone knew about for the promotion. $75~ out the door. checked toys r us too, no helmets but plenty of figures and blasters. checked my local Disney store just to see what they had, lots of die cast 6" figs and the death trooper half-helm voice changers.

a note on the death troopers: the target ones are smaller and use the same shoddy voice changer as the stormy, and are $30. if you have a Disney store near you you can get the bigger (but still 3/4 scale) one AND its $5 cheaper. the voice changer in the Disney one actually modulates your voice a little, its more of a reverb/echo effect.

It's definitely a step up from last year's 2-piece from Rubies. I bought one of those and have been racking my brain trying to think of how to widen it. The Hasbro could have been made from the same original molds, but it's not squeezed horizontally like everything seems to be over at Rubies.

The 2nd interior layers, especially in back, make it a tight fit for me. I might try to take that out since I don't plan on ever putting batteries in it. I don't know if I like the ribbed tube stripes and traps. Is that a Rogue One thing like the cut-out tube stripes in Ep7? The chin and mic-tips look great and although I would like them darker, the lenses are usable,again unlike the blurry bubble lenses on the rubies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

It looks to line up pretty well with the Anovos and RS helmets, as well as the Anovos F/O bucket. I'll see tomorrow how it stacks up size wise with an ATA. What are you comparing it to that you think it's undersized? I've certainly not seen any photos to judge the scale of the Rogue One troopers..have you?

You are aware that the eFX and this helmet are representing different troopers right? And I wouldn't exactly call the eFX accurate...

Ooooh, kay... I ended up here due to the eFX stormy. Yes, it's inaccurate in any number of unfortunate ways. But if you think of it in terms of it's "not rubies"-ness. I think there is a bit of forgiveness there...

Okay.. I ended up here due to the eFX stormy. Yes, it's inaccurate in any number of unfortunate ways. But if you think of it in terms of it's "not rubies"-ness. I think there is a bit of forgiveness there...

You've completely missed the point of my post... But, if you've got an eFX you're happy with, good for you man. I'm happy for you. :$

Last edited:
Having pre-ordered mine earlier, I today got an email from Target saying it was back-ordered and pushed to November. I called Walmart to ask if they had any, they said no, didn't know what I was talking about, said they have nothing like that, just Halloween masks. So on my lunch break at work I swung in to Walmart anyway and there was one, and only one sitting on the shelf. I'll keep my delayed order still.

This thing is slick, I cannot wait to modify and tear into it and make it even more better.

The tube stripes look as if they could be sharpened quite cleanly. Dremel router bit/cutting wheel, needle files, blue plastic backing.

If I got one, I'm afraid that I would mod it like crazy and it would take much too much of my free time, making it like a blend of R1 and ANH versions instead: fill up the tube stripes, sharpen the snout, cut up the back lines for ventilation, bulk up the tube around the back.... AAAH, what the Elle am I doing?

Went out for dinner last night and found two in a Walmart. Decided against it... For now. One odd thing though: on the shelf next to it was a price tag that said something like "Hasbro Signature Lightsaber $34.95". What the...?

Hi...

To those who have the helmet already, could you please post pictures of the inside? I wear a size 7 1/2 and wonder if it will fit me? I was thinking of putting the pads of a MICH helmet inside...

thanks
Uwe

My TRU has 2 just sitting here [emoji12]
405ca22b672e130a871e3419b7be91a4.jpg

Reel

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back