Hasbro Black Series Rogue One Stormtrooper Helmet

I remember as a kid reading starlog magazine and the ads for star wars helmets and I always wanted a stormtrooper helmet but mom said no too expensive. Thank you Hasbro! I just smile now looking at it next to my E-11 Blaster. May look for a voice changer and upgrade it. Said I wasn't going to wear it but I couldn't keep myself from geeking out! My dog freaked out when I called his name while having the voice changer on! lol

Waiting for this helmet in the mail is brutal.....and my girlfriend picked up the new Kylo 6" fig. Deeper down the rabbit hole we go......(In chronological order too!)

Here are some comparisons to the EFX(left). Overall it's a little smaller, and the dome seems shorter. The opening shape is very different. And while the back of the nose vents is black plastic, that piece could easily be removed and replaced with mesh. And while it's not obvious in my photos, the Hasbro one is much more pure white, the EFX seems more off-white.

IMG_8404.JPGIMG_8405.JPGIMG_8409.JPGIMG_8411.JPGIMG_8413.JPG

This shot is flipped, EFX on right.
IMG_8414.JPG

Last edited:
I just happened to find one at Walmart. I have to agree, For 80 bucks I'm speechless. I would have paid 200 for this thing easy!

On the speaker grill, next to the battery box. Is that top grill line pushing inward?

A bunch of us have lines that go the other way and bulge out past the helmet curvature.

I heated it up with a heat gun and is straightened out.

Once the pieces are clipped together, can they be unclipped?
It's hard to resist putting this thing together, but if I'm going to fill, sand and repaint the rear, and if attachment is permanent, then I'd better leave it apart for now...

I suppose I could shave down the tabs on the clips to make removal easier...

BTW my speaker slots are flush, but the battery cover is a little bit proud of the surrounding surface, so it will have to be sanded down.

I've also noticed that all separately-molded pieces that are attached on the inside of the parts are a brighter white than the outside pieces!

Okay I've done a tear down on this.

If anyone if curious if it is hard to take apart once together? Yes, I sliced my finger taking this back apart. So if you are for sure going to be modding this, hold off from assembling it. the locking tabs are designed to prevent removal in both directions.

I've taken apart the inside back of it also. Once that and the electronics are out, WAY more room, I can wear it with my glasses now.

But the parts removed prevent pieces from locking together fully, so once all mods are done this will need a new way to hold together. I plan to just plastic weld with white ABS.

I'm taking pictures, I'll post them as I continue taking this apart.

Apparently ToysRUs is good at taking orders, not so good at holding orders.

We wanted to inform you that there is a delay in fulfilling the item listed below in your order. Please accept our apologies for this delay.

At this time we do not have a ship date for the item. Please note, your credit card will not be charged for the item until the order is shipped.

I was at Walmart yesterday and they had a bunch. Still undecided as to whether I want to pick one up or not, but I don't feel like I have to worry about finding one at this point.

49702112689__599C55AC-A6D7-471D-9766-1C5D0F3B0774.JPG

Mine had scuffs and scratches out of the box. Used Mguires cleaner and wax. Took a lot of the scuffs and polished it nicely.
I'm probably gonna end up buying it sooner or later just as a modification project.
Everyone said that the speaker doesn't work so I could gut the speaker from the helmet and replace it with a better one, along with filling in the the old speaker holes with Bondo and repaint:)

Alex

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back