Zombie Spider-Man

For the recent New York Comic-Con me and Error put together my Zombie Spider-Man outfit. Which consisted mostly of her doing everything and me surfing the web. So I really gotta thank her cause well she does most of everything minus me buying the supplies.

About a year back I bought this Zentai Spier-Man suit to wear at PAX East. Was really the only time I got use out of it until a month ago when we started work on making it suited for the undead. The process of detirorating really came down to us bring it to the Haunt we were working at in October, throwing it on the ground and making it match what you think a **** stained never cleaned floor of a Haunt would look like.

A day before comic-con I put the suit on and Error went over it with Blood Gel and some black grease to make it look like fresh and dried blood. Using sand paper Error tore up the outfit to give it wear and with scissors cut out some select sections, especially the mask, fingers and the chest.

I bought some Dr Scholls Gel inserts and put them in the feet portion and some holes were cut. This gave me traction and helped keep my feet somewhat comfortable walking on granite floors all day.

As strange as it seems, using Model Magic Clay, Error sculpted the chest bite and colored it with eye liners, blood gel, black grease and foundations. Reason we used this clay was it doesnt dry and crack like normal clays and stays to a degree flexible enough to conform and stay to the body without breaking off.
57-4401.jpg
331617_2200870535328_1054231683_32048632_2017182274_o.jpg

Before the makeup was applied I put in my zombie contacts and wore these things ALL DAY. Honestly, after a while it's just friggen annoying. Got these from youknowit.com
96_funky-eyes-white-contact-lenses.jpg

The prosthetic was then attached to my chest with Spirit Gum and liquid latex was applied over the piece with layers of 1 ply toilet paper layered on top with additional layers applied until it looked right. Then using foundations, eyeliners, blood and black grease, the prosthetic was blended onto my body.

Lastly liquid latex was applied to the exposed side of my face and 1 ply toilet paper was layered down. After drying Error pilled some parts of the latex back to give the open wound effect you see on my face and like the chest piece was colored with foundations, eyeliners, blood gel and black grease....oh and lots of saliva. The teeth were then colored in with teeth colors black, yellow and nicotine. Pulled my hair out through some cut holes in the mask and well, there you go. Finished.
tumblr_lt4k7i2bBS1r1kcb4o9_250.jpg

Here are some photos taken from New York Comic-Con 2011.

Chris-Gampat-New-York-Comic-Con-Day-3-edits-29-of-40.jpg

zombspider.jpg

333508_2546744272992_1385347804_3024267_746386895_o.jpg

100_7497.jpg

153.jpg

A few funny tidbits of the day.
1) I was mistaken for Deadpool
2) A majority of the time I was thought to be a woman
3) Some dude came up to me and this ensued.
Guy- Wait a sec, I just need to take this in. What an awesome costume. Do you like games?
Me- of course I do
Guy- I just assumed cause I see the poster you're carrying. You like Gears of War?
Me- Sure, just beat it last week in fact.
Guy- Well, I play the voice of Dom.
So I walked up to him, put one hand on his shoulder and said "sorry to hear that"

lol i cant believe dom stopped us and you gave him empathy still .... that was probably the highlight of suffering haunt related pneumonia at comic con while i was fueled by a night of no sleep .. thank you to our crappy boss :D , there is still no one in the world i would rather watch be mistaken for a lady all day at comic con ... ... next time we can fill my boots with marshmallows though and put some roller blade wheels on the bottom so you can push me around like a shopping cart..... NOW FOR PAX!

How anyone mistakes you for a lady is beyond me.... but whatever I suppose it lends itself for a good laugh. The costume is great, and you absolutely nailed the look for what I would imagine Spiderman would look like as a zombie. Seriously dude good job. My question is this... does it feel weird walking around with the makeup pieces on? I feel like if it were me doing that costume I would screw it up, and end up knocking pieces of the makeup off.

How anyone mistakes you for a lady is beyond me.... but whatever I suppose it lends itself for a good laugh. The costume is great, and you absolutely nailed the look for what I would imagine Spiderman would look like as a zombie. Seriously dude good job. My question is this... does it feel weird walking around with the makeup pieces on? I feel like if it were me doing that costume I would screw it up, and end up knocking pieces of the makeup off.

The chest piece is so glued on I didn't worry about it at all. The face latex is so strong it doesnt come off, even when you want it to. Honestly the worst part is the black grease and blood that was in my nose I kept itching it but it never came off and the contacts can get annoying sometimes. But I wore that stuff from around 8am-4am. Was a long day in that outfit and the makeup stayed the whole time.

That's impressive, I think that would drive me nuts... However I didn't even like using camo paint when I was in the Marine Corps though so I'm not the best candidate for that kind of stuff.

Anyways, hats off to you sir, you are one convincing zombie.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back