Zombie Emergency Station

BATGIRL

I just finished one of several projects I am working on for Christmas gifts. This one is for my son who is way into the Zombie killer thing. (Psst... please don't tell him 'bout this...) I re-did the guns with a little plastic filler and paint and they look right-on real. I also obtained an actual fire box "Break Glass" hammer to make it look more real.

(Sorry 'bout putting this in Costumes, could you please move this to Replica Props? Thanks!)

Last edited:
I laid out the lettering and bio-symbol using contact paper and used a chemical glass etching compound. I went with the glass etching as I thought the solid or painted lettering obscured too much of the weapons...

Very cool was thinking of doing something like that to my car's backwindow with a chainsaw. Break glas in case of zombie outbreak. I can't do guns because in holland you cannot keep guns or replica guns.

Love it,,,, But....

You can't send the little guy out without a survival guide..
27252_104505056250831_100000740110316_90568_5084389_n.jpg

I would also add a couple of these...
27252_104505059584164_100000740110316_90569_162073_n.jpg

Would you be willing to share details of the build? I think I just stumbled on an idea for my girlfriend's Christmas present. Looks great!

---------------------------------

Keep up to date on my Iron Man Mark VI build!

http://www.therpf.com/f24/calgary-based-iron-man-build-131134/

Thanks to all for the compliments. I used a pre-made shadow box frame purchased from Michaels and lined it with some red upholstery material I had on hand. Then I did some painting on the airsoft style guns to make them look a little more real. The areas that appear to be rubberized are painted with flat black spray paint. Any lettering that revealed them to not be real was sanded off and shot semi-gloss black. I cut off the protruding orange barrels and painted them to match the frame of the gun. The ones with the laser sights had the batteries removed to prevent corrision in the future. I then mounted them with hot glue and some L brackets painted black to make them look like they are just sitting in the frame so they can just be grabbed. The patch at the bottom is an "Official Arizona State Zombie Hunter" patch my husband found on e-bay, also hot glued in. I then used contact paper and a chemical glass etching cream and etched the front glass. The glass breaking hammer is mounted with a pegboard hook I found at Wal-Mart and modified.

Love it,,,, But....

You can't send the little guy out without a survival guide..
27252_104505056250831_100000740110316_90568_5084389_n.jpg

I would also add a couple of these...
27252_104505059584164_100000740110316_90569_162073_n.jpg

Thanks for the imput! The little guy is actually 30 and about 6-2 and 225 lbs. Just a big Zombie fan... As for the Survival Guide, I actually already put that in, if you look between the two laser sighted pistols, I placed it there for reference when the time comes...

I've considered putting some of my live firearms in the same display...... although i think the government wouldn't approve :darnkids

Thanks to everyone for the compliments, I really enjoyed making it.

QUOTE=Master Dahark;2003624]Damn man, that's an awesome thing to make ANYWAY-- but you say you're making that for your son?? You must be the coolest dad ever![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliment, but that would make me the coolest Mom ever!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back