Zombie Emergency Station

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by BATGIRL, Nov 6, 2011.

1. BATGIRL

BATGIRL New Member

I just finished one of several projects I am working on for Christmas gifts. This one is for my son who is way into the Zombie killer thing. (Psst... please don't tell him 'bout this...) I re-did the guns with a little plastic filler and paint and they look right-on real. I also obtained an actual fire box "Break Glass" hammer to make it look more real.

(Sorry 'bout putting this in Costumes, could you please move this to Replica Props? Thanks!)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  2. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Active Member

Ha, very cool! Where did you get the emergency zombie glass?

3. BATGIRL

BATGIRL New Member

I laid out the lettering and bio-symbol using contact paper and used a chemical glass etching compound. I went with the glass etching as I thought the solid or painted lettering obscured too much of the weapons...

4. canusracing

canusracing Member

5. Atlanthia

Atlanthia Sr Member

Can I be on your Christms list, too??? :cool

6. PepIronman

PepIronman Member

Very cool was thinking of doing something like that to my car's backwindow with a chainsaw. Break glas in case of zombie outbreak. I can't do guns because in holland you cannot keep guns or replica guns.

7. LadyJoker

LadyJoker New Member

That is fantastic! You've got a lucky kid :)

Atlanthia likes this.
  8. Delmustator

Delmustator Sr Member

Love it,,,, But....

You can't send the little guy out without a survival guide..
    [​IMG]

I would also add a couple of these...
    [​IMG]

9. BATGIRL

BATGIRL New Member

Thanks to all for the compliments. I used a pre-made shadow box frame purchased from Michaels and lined it with some red upholstery material I had on hand. Then I did some painting on the airsoft style guns to make them look a little more real. The areas that appear to be rubberized are painted with flat black spray paint. Any lettering that revealed them to not be real was sanded off and shot semi-gloss black. I cut off the protruding orange barrels and painted them to match the frame of the gun. The ones with the laser sights had the batteries removed to prevent corrision in the future. I then mounted them with hot glue and some L brackets painted black to make them look like they are just sitting in the frame so they can just be grabbed. The patch at the bottom is an "Official Arizona State Zombie Hunter" patch my husband found on e-bay, also hot glued in. I then used contact paper and a chemical glass etching cream and etched the front glass. The glass breaking hammer is mounted with a pegboard hook I found at Wal-Mart and modified.

10. BATGIRL

BATGIRL New Member

Thanks for the imput! The little guy is actually 30 and about 6-2 and 225 lbs. Just a big Zombie fan... As for the Survival Guide, I actually already put that in, if you look between the two laser sighted pistols, I placed it there for reference when the time comes...

11. Nate1885

Nate1885 New Member

I've considered putting some of my live firearms in the same display...... although i think the government wouldn't approve :darnkids

12. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Sr Member

Pretty awesome!

13. Cultentacle

Cultentacle New Member

I was thinking the same thing!

14. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

Love your display:)

15. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

Awesome gift, my girlfriend would love this too. Too bad for her as I'm not as talented as you, haha

16. Master Dahark

Master Dahark Well-Known Member

* man, that's an awesome thing to make ANYWAY-- but you say you're making that for your son?? You must be the coolest dad ever!

17. BATGIRL

BATGIRL New Member

Thanks to everyone for the compliments, I really enjoyed making it.

QUOTE=Master Dahark;2003624]* man, that's an awesome thing to make ANYWAY-- but you say you're making that for your son?? You must be the coolest dad ever![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliment, but that would make me the coolest Mom ever!

18. MFP 2020

MFP 2020 Sr Member

Wicked-cool build!

What would the government be doing in your house?

19. daydalus1

daydalus1 New Member

That is so awesome! Thanks for the idea.

20. Master Dahark

Master Dahark Well-Known Member

LOL whoops. Coolest mom indeed! :D

21. ReproMan

ReproMan Well-Known Member

looks great, i've been planning on doind one of these for ages, got all the guns but still not got round to it. think i'll be putting a machette in mine for when the bullets run out lol good work