Zett Jukassa's lightsaber?

jason1976

Sr Member
So anyone work this one out yet?

I think the emitter section looks a little like Ki-adi-mundi's saber from Ep I/II, but not exactly like it. The rest is definitely different.

Jason

It looks like it would be so easy to make, too. Any reference out there on the extras discs or anything?

It remninds me of an RLSA saber, actually.

[image]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/20/20300/folders/9562/1645452jett.jpg[/image]

I can't tell what's going on with the hilt.

A lot of the middle hilt area looks like it could be based off Obi's TPM sabre--it's hard to know if the black area is recessed or just in shadow. I'm talking about the middle section of the hilt below--where there's the cut out for the black ribbed area.

[image]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/20/20300/folders/8919/263967obicovertec02.jpg[/image]

The neck is odd.

Ki Adi emitter.

Is there a bevel of some sort just above his lower thumb? Or is that a reflection of some kind?

The pommel looks angled and brassy or gold--vaguely like the Unduli pommel--but I don't see fins on the pommel--though it's not a great picture.

Hey, thanks for posting the pic. I haven't been able to get on Luuke's site directly, but if you have "Internet Explorer" and you put "www.thelightsaber.com" in for your search, you should get separate links for the different parts of his site. It worked for me anyway. I got to the History section without any trouble yesterday.

That emitter does look very Ki-adi like.

I do see something just above his lower hand. It could be something milled in the saber, or it could just be a space between the saber, and his tunic, were a tiny bit of the background is showing through.

The pommel does look angled, and though I didn't see it at first, the pommel does look kind of brassy.

There's also an extra groove in the saber about and inch or so down from the ki-adi emitter, and it looks like there's something in the space between that groove, and the emitter section. (perhaps something to turn it on?)

Does anyone have the new Chronicles, I think there are a few pics of Zett in there, maybe, there's another pic of the saber. (from what I recall there isn't a good one, but every little bit helps.)

Jason

BTW, I haven't been able to get on Luuke's site directly either, but if you have "Internet Explorer" and you put "www.thelightsaber.com" in for your search (using the built in search feature), you should get separate links for the different parts of his site. It worked for me anyway. I got to the History section without any trouble yesterday.

OO here's a thought, what about the Anakin/Obi-wan EP II shared arena saber. (the one that looks a little like a shiny Adi saber) It would be nothing for them to have unscrewed the washer style emitter from that saber, and screwed on a ki-adi emitter. In fact the other arena saber was baste on ki-adi's. (if not the same type of saber)

it would have the angled pommel, some milling (most of witch would be covered by Zett's hands in that pic)

Though, the pommel probably wouldn't be brass, and there would be that little ball thing at the end of the pommel. But, if the pommel was a separate piece on the arena saber, that would be easy to switch out too.

Jason

My guess is that that is a stunt version of a "Ki-Adi Mundi"-saber.
Recall that the stunt versions of Obi-Wan's and Anakin's sabers were also made with thinner, simplified handgrips attached to full-size emitters.

The brass look of the pommel end could be just a reflection. Note how there is a brass hint also at the underside of the emitter.
Another possibility is that the handgrip of this saber is from Anakin's saber, with "grip" stripes painted on in gloss black.

Here is another pic, of what could be the same saber. Anybody have a better version of this pic?
Nick.jpg

I can't find the picture, but is this the same lightsaber as the one in AOTC in the arena scene? If you look to the part where Dooku halts the Battledroids, Obi Wan kneels down to check on a fallen Jedi and there is a weird lightsaber on the ground. If I remember right it looks something like a Ki Adi Mundi saber with grips like the ANH Luke/Vader sabers.

If we're thinking about the same sabre, and I don't think I have an image of it, I'm fairly certain they're different in design.

EDIT: found the pic--this is the sabre I'm thinking of, and it looks really different to me. Are you referring to another? If so, can you post an image?

[image]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/20/20300/folders/85062/1936506TanYuster.jpg[/image]

Also, here's a fuzzy blowup of the Whie sabre--it looks very similar to Zett's. Are they the same? Difficult to tell.

[image]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/20/20300/folders/85062/1936507whiesabre.jpg[/image]

The image in the top there is simply an inverted coloured Anakin AOTC, the new sabers for ROTS are not rused from he previous movies and are all re made and redeisgned, with the regular influences :)

I do indeed think that this is a stunt version of the Ki Adi saber. I think that for E3 they had a bunch of silver colored smooth handles that they attached different emitters to.
Heres a wallpaper I did recently using a pic I found that has what I believe to be one of these stunt handle swith interchangable emitters:

KiAdiMundiV2Wallpaper800.jpg

Alot of the publicity shots of some of the council sabers etc have the same handle with the familiar emitters.
The one Nick Gillard has in those pics is the same too.

-Rabittooth

O now I see what your all taking out. :lol See after EP1 and 2 there were pics of the stunt versions of the council (clan) sabers, and they looked just like the heroes, just with the blade attached, and maybe a few of the greablies missing. I forgot they did a new (kind of sucky) generic stunt saber for EP3. Heck yeah, zett's looks like one of those EP3 stunts with a ki-adi emitter. If we're right, that could be an easy one to do. :) Anyone want to do a run for us? :lol

Jason

So, just to be clear, we're talking about something like this:

[image]http://members.aol.com/jedimasterjpb7/RPF/Zzett[/image]

BTW, Sorry for the really bad pic, but I just wanted to through something together quickly, encase it was wrong I didn't want to waste a lot of time one it.

Jason

EDIT. Uumm, if that's it, it's kind of cool I guess, but it really needs some detail, or at least a way to activate it. Any chance there's a button under one of there hands?

BTW, I think Nick uses one of the stunt sabers, in the making of the EP3 video game, video, on the extras disk that came with the old trilogy DVDs in 2004.

Jason

BUMP. Are we there yet? :lol

It still looks to me like there's something on Zett's saber just bellow the ki-adi emitter, and above the groove. The reflection on the saber isn't the same there. Any thoughts?

Jason

Has anyone noticed this? In Jediscout's first post of Zett holding his saber, the part in the middle of the neck area curves downward, and in the close up pic of the Jedi by Nick Gillard's saber, this same part curves upward. Am I seeing things or is this a little assembly mishap by the lightsaber makers?

<div class='quotetop'>(JunkSabers1138 @ Jul 7 2006, 08:31 PM) [snapback]1276119[/snapback]</div>
Has anyone noticed this? In Jediscout's first post of Zett holding his saber, the part in the middle of the neck area curves downward, and in the close up pic of the Jedi by Nick Gillard's saber, this same part curves upward. Am I seeing things or is this a little assembly mishap by the lightsaber makers?
[/b]
I noticed that too..

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back