Your favorite movie ending.

The ending of Rocky IV, which historians regard as the key moment that led to the eventual ending of the Cold War.

When Rocky gave his impassioned speech that has come to be known as the “I Seen A Lotta Changin’ Speech”…well, those inspiring words led directly to world leaders making the decision to immediately stop all hostilities and bring us all closer together.

Sit back and take in the beautiful words of a true warrior poet:

Thank you, Mr. Balboa, for stopping the Cold War and uniting the world…

Last edited:
Two other great endings worth mentioning.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Riding off into the sunset and God I wish they had left it there.

Return of the Jedi is also an awesome ending. Vader's death still gets me. Watching his funeral pyre. The main hero really did not have much to do with the overall victory which was very rare and well done, and an actual happy ending. It should have ended with Yub Nub.

Well I don't have A favorite but here goes...

Mad Max 2/The Road Warrior
Star Wars
The Usual Suspects
The Manchurian Candidate (the original)
Snatch
Charade
Gallipoli
The Rocketeer (any movie ending that involves kissing Jennifer Connelly)
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Back to the Future
Roman Holiday
Die Hard
The Shawshank Redemption
Ferris Beuler's Day Off
War Games...

I'm sure I'm forgetting some great ones but...

Last edited:
Having just rewatched Predator 2, I'm going to add that as one of my favorite endings. Harrigan beats the Predator and the audience kind of goes "Okay, that's over." and then all the other Predators decloak. Not to mention that you assume there's only ever one Predator and then they all show up. Then the cherry on top is the Elder tossing the flintlock pistol to him with the 1775 (I think?) date on it to show they've been here a long time. Very cool!

Hang on a minute lads, ive got a great idea, :)

IJ1.jpg

Escape From New York. Snake goes through absolute hell after being tricked/coerced into rescuing a corrupt president, switches cassettes, takes out the tape from the cassette and throws it aside after the president learns he's been duped by Snake Plissken. In both films, you learn that you do not, under any circumstances, f with Snake Plissken. He will not only f you back, but he will f over the entire world in the process.

What a fn great character.

Alien 3. The movie has it's problems, but that ending it THE ending of trilogy endings. Ripley, knowing she'll never find happiness, and in a last act of defiance, sacrifices herself to bring the end to the xenomorphs for good. It just feels so finite. The triumphant music, the prison closing down for good, and Ripley's original transmission FINALLY reaching a receiver, only so many many decades too late.

Also, the movie was ass, but the ending to Terminator 3 is so poetic. The violin music with John's VO narration, it gives me chills every time.

"There was no system core; it could not be shutdown. The attack began at 6:18 PM, just as he said it would. Judgment Day, the day the human race was almost destroyed by the weapons they'd built to protect themselves."

For a Few Dollars More. You’ve just had the ‘ending’ duel. Colonel Mortimer rides off letting Eastwood have all the rewards but there’s just one more little problem.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back