You'll shoot your eye out - My everyday display of A Christmas Story Props

You have obviously put a lot of time and effort into this amazing collection! Thanks so much for sharing!

Boy, if this doesn't get me excited for the holidays..... :)

Man this is a great collection I love it. And might I add one of the best movies (Not just Christmas) of all time, I could watch this movie in the middle of summer and enjoy it like it was Christmas.

FRAGILE.... must be Italian...
Awesome collection!
Oh yeah... forgot about that. When the leg lamp goes up, so does a large (but not screen accurate size, that'd just be crazy), FRAGILE crate on the front porch. I'll update this thread when I put it out this year, its disassembled and buried behind stuff in the garage.

Very cool! I just went out to Higbees and the house a month or so ago, met Randy who I had no idea he was gonna' be there. We stopped through to go to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, but I couldn't not go there too. Sadly that Christmas Story display is out of the window there now. The whole place is pretty much gutted and is being turned into something else. I took a billion pictures of that, the house, and the museum there

Very cool! I just went out to Higbees and the house a month or so ago, met Randy who I had no idea he was gonna' be there. We stopped through to go to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, but I couldn't not go there too. Sadly that Christmas Story display is out of the window there now. The whole place is pretty much gutted and is being turned into something else. I took a billion pictures of that, the house, and the museum there
Yeah, real shame that most large dept stores have been replaced by strip malls. We stayed right there at the hotel attached to the train station/mall. I was pretty nice actually.

Tis the Christmas season. Anybody want to help me with the red ryder ad (completely set-created-art) from the back of the boy's life mag? I've got a ton of sample artwork from which to create it save the main red-ryder image.

This came in a few weeks ago, but I just now got to putting a pic up. From Ralphie's desk as he's writing his theme on "what I want for Christmas"...

Screen shot...
DSCN0354%20(Large).JPG

Actual book...
DSCN0358%20(Large).JPG

Last edited:
That is an awesome collection!! That's one of my favorite movies and I love the props! I've wanted one of the "official" Red Ryders for a long time but they've always been just out of my reach...
Sooooooo, I just had to make my own! :behave

As for the Major Award, I'm just going to have to live vicariously through you!... That one is AWESOME!!

-B89! :D

That is an awesome collection!! That's one of my favorite movies and I love the props! I've wanted one of the "official" Red Ryders for a long time but they've always been just out of my reach...
Sooooooo, I just had to make my own! :behave

As for the Major Award, I'm just going to have to live vicariously through you!... That one is AWESOME!!

-B89! :D
I think I remember reading that build up a LONG time ago (2-3 years now?) LOVE the movie. Great job on a screen-accurate replica (especially with the brass accents).

Awesome collection! This is my favorite holiday movie by far! I have a red Ryder (but not with the compass and such). Also my friend Zack was the original Ralphie in the musical, I've done a couple shows with him and I can definitely how he would've fit the part! :D
Just waiting for the show to make it to NY!

This one: It was fabricated for the movie.

Red_Ryder_Ad%20copy.jpg

I've got all the verbiage done, and a few of the illustrations, but the others don't exist as far as I can tell.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back