You ever sell a prop, then regret it??

That´s a natural Circle of Collectors and Builders.

You buy the Stuff, and then sale it so you can by other Stuff.

I had a nice ferengi phaser that I scratch built. I sold it and then some guy took credit for it then another guy bought it and it is in his collection now. :p

Recently sold my Bane mask. I regret it a bit, mainly because it was one of thirty produced in the world and the most accurate mask produced before the film was released. But it's sale allowed me to complete two costumes and nearly complete a third one, so it was worth it.

I sold the 3 lightsaber replicas I had from Episode IV (Lukes, Vaders and Obi-Wans). It was a long time ago and I needed the money at the time. I still regret it to this day.

I find that when a commision is come out really well it's hard to let go of. Still, it's cool to get paid for doing something I love...

I built this back in '09, and then sold it.

IMG_5508.jpg

Four years later I missed it so much I built this!

All is right with the world again......

I regret selling a few lightsabers.

My MR Elite TPM OB1, and MR AFBB OB1...

...but mostly I regret selling my authentic Obi-Wan Lightsaber. Was only missing the Balance Pipe when I sold it :( :

AuthObi5.jpg

I'm currently on my THIRD Keaton '89 Batman suit, my FOURTH Blade Runner PKD, my second Han Solo EE DL44 and so on... so most definitely! There are a few items I will not part with come hell or high water but other than that most items are expendable as needs must but I do try to only sell prop stuff to further other prop efforts and not to pay for things like electric bills! There are still a couple things out there that I wouldn't mind having back...

I do regret not making a purchase once. The year was 1993. Just became father of twins and money was short. During a street festival in Mt.Dora fl. Visited an old iupstairs Shop callled stairway to the stars. A movie memorabilia store. There under glass. Lay a TOS phaser 2 pistol. I did not recognize it as it was disassembled. Handle was removed etc. The price was $550 which was way more than I could afford. The store owner had many screen used items like the space ships from the 80's movie Batteries not included. The metal skeleton used in the original King Kong without the stuffing and fur which had long ago decayed. Anyway this has been a regret I carry. Yes it was probably a repro but also realize it may not have been back in 93. What would a hero version be worth today? Years later at a flea market I purchased my first TOS phaser. The store owner stated it was from a collection owned by Deforest Kelly and there was a certificate which I never received. After research I discovered it to be a Steve Hoarch (sp?). Somewhat unique as I have only seen 2 for sale in the last 20 years on ebay.

Last edited:
I had to sell a large collection of props and set pieces when Viacon/Paramount sued me for copyright infringement.

But as someone said: "hard to get, and what does it do? It sits in a display case for you to look at and show your friends--sure you may take it out now and then, go to a convention, etc, but bottom line is --it just sits."

So true, and in my case it was either hidden away in boxes or what I did show was subject to stealing (a couple of minor thinks was stolen) or caused bad feels with some of my friends when I would not give them some of them.

So as I do regret selling this stuff off: They did keep us alive to regroup and rebuild.

Rich

I regret selling my first terminator predator bio helmet, i usually take the first for me and make copies to sell, but its been like 2 years since i made it and i own the mold and still yavent made one for me, hows that possible?

I haev a repro Sonic off ebay from 2003/4 I think, sold it in the last year. Total regret as I found the urge to carry a well made sonic that isn't a plastic toy. Awe well, maybe I'll have the money again one day soon.

Peak 3 cell with a King Sol endcap and a Larbel clamp. First custom Lightsaber that I had ever put together.

It was a long time ago and I don't remember if I sold it to a fellow RPF or Rebelscum member.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back