Y-Wing Pilot helmet (Juan's Build)

juajn7fernandez

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So at the time of the Y-wing Pilot Helmet invitation from RS, I could not jump on it ( as much as I really wanted to). So a few weeks back a Y-wing Pilot helmet Kit showed up on the junk yard for a great price and I just couldnt let it pass. I was able to add a few real found vintage parts to it, such as the microphone, the connector hanging from the side, and the port plug on the forehead. It still needs a better lens, but this is what the kit came with until I can find a more accurate one. I wasnt going for 100% accuracy as the paint job on these helmets is pretty insane to replicate, but I did my best to produce my interpretation. Oh and I only used spray cans. No airbrushes.

DSC_0873.jpg
DSC_0874.jpg
DSC_0875.jpg
DSC_0877.jpg
DSC_0878.jpg
DSC_0879.jpg
DSC_0880.jpg
DSC_0882.jpg
DSC_0883.jpg
DSC_0884.jpg
DSC_0885.jpg
DSC_0886.jpg
DSC_0887.jpg

Last edited:
That looks fantastic! Beautiful job! Who made this kit?

Thanks for the kind words! I'm not entirely sure since I bought it second hand. However the listing said it was Richie's. I'm assuming that meant Richie's armory, from the little bit of research I did when it was listed.

This looks fantastic - love it! Always happy to see Y-Wing helmets in people's collections!

That is an absolutely stunning job!!! Very well done!! I love it!!! :love: (y)

This looks absolutely amazing. You did an excellent job with this!

Man that looks fantastic !

Beautiful, Juan! I really love all your helmet work!

Thanks for the kind words you guys! Its always so much fun to recreate some good ol' original trilogy magic! :D

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back