X-Wing Question/References

Junk Pilot

Sr Member
I have a simple question that I didn't know where to ask so hopefully it's not considered trivial.

Can anyone tell me exactly how big the rear engine heat sinks are (in cms)? Photo next to a ruler would be great.

Also I am lacking photos of Red 4/5 so I'd be happy to be pointed in the right direction of some or if possible (if it's not wrong to ask) to organise to get reference CD's from other members. Thanks

I can measure the heatsinks tomorrow man. Youre only gonna get studio pix of red 4 pyro and good luck with the studio pix of red 5. Not sure if your build is hero or pyro but the paint jobs differ from each. Ie red 3 hero and red 3 pyro have completely different paintjobs. Maybe you could be more specific on what you are building. You know they weren't white though .. Right? He he....

The colour is not a major concern at the moment as I am just getting references for now. I'd most likely be looking at Red 5 anyway.

And why aren't they white????? jk

Well, a donor kit part that varies is the jack behind the wing, underneath the phantom engine.
For example, Red 3 has got all four donated from the Stug, while Red 5 has two from the Stug and two from the Hummel.

The other part that changes is the Hanomag tube between the wing plates. It varies from model to model but I do not remember from what kit did that other part came from, I think it was from the 8 rad, Monogram or Tamiya I do not remember.
For example, Red 2 has got the Hanomag part while Red 5 and 3 have the 8 rad part.
That is what I recall so far.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back