Wreck'd Studios Metroid prime 3 Varia suit

Some top foam skills you have there man. I have always been envious of you guys that can sand in those details. I think it must be something to do wil the density of the foams i have used cause try as I might it never looks as good. I have had go with plastizote and it sands beautifully just wish I could pull it off like you with EVA. Anyways looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Tom.

I might have to hand my crown over shades, this is some crazy awesome stuff! I love the sanding drum texture trick Wreckd, very cool idea and I think I met you at comikaze because your spartan build looks very familiar.

keep up the amazing work, I think I'm gonna be watching you very closely now!

hey thanks! I actually met you at dragon con this year and your suit was pretty incredible! I wish I got pictures with you :p.

*UPDATE*

Ok sorry its bee a couple of days since Ive posted. Turns out I got a time extension so i kinda slowed down a bit but honest the suit is about 85% done.
havent been doing to much slacking lol.

started with the thigh but this is really the only refrence pic I took... I forgot to take pictures..
P1010516_zps6bd2ffc7.jpg

and now the shins

P1010525_zps0021bba9.jpg

P1010523_zpsb883c22d.jpg

P1010527_zps1f1071e9.jpg

P1010526_zps125bdc5a.jpg

OK so hear are some full shots of the suit (BTW the helmet in the pic was a test helmet not the actual one im using.)

P1010533_zps7a7dc850.jpg

P1010529_zps15cc1738.jpg

ok so ive been looking everywhere for the correct paint and i just cant seem to find it so what i did was brought an air brush and im gonna try to learn that in the next couple of days, and if I can get the hang of it, the entire suit will be air brushed. but we will see lol

that's it for now though seya!

ok so ive been looking everywhere for the correct paint and i just cant seem to find it so what i did was brought an air brush and im gonna try to learn that in the next couple of days, and if I can get the hang of it, the entire suit will be air brushed. but we will see lol
Just so that you're aware, using a standard small airbrush for the suit will take FOREVER to paint. FOR-EV-ER. Painting one piece will take you a full day with an airbrush. What you need is a painter's detail gun. Adjustable Detail Spray Gun (that's a cheap harbor freight one, but it gives you the idea)

It's small enough to not paint the whole side of the house, but big enough to paint armor pieces in a decent time.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back