Wow rpf turned into massive ad site

Something new is wrong.The ads are 2/3 the mobile screen height today. I'm typing blind as the keyboard covers the bottom and the ad the top. It's absolutely unusable on my phone now. I purged everything but the logon cookies. Heads are gigantic and follow the header downward. No way to do anything about them. It never did this before today. Ads are above the header where your icon is and pushes it downward so there's no room left to see what you're doing. It ignores a request for the desktop version of the site too so it's pretty much screwed up for my phone.

Something new is wrong.The ads are 2/3 the mobile screen height today. I'm typing blind as the keyboard covers the bottom and the ad the top. It's absolutely unusable on my phone now. I purged everything but the logon cookies. Heads are gigantic and follow the header downward. No way to do anything about them. It never did this before today. Ads are above the header where your icon is and pushes it downward so there's no room left to see what you're doing. It ignores a request for the desktop version of the site too so it's pretty much screwed up for my phone.

Gah! I thought we had this corrected. Let me take another look.

I tried clearing everything and reloaded. At first it looked ok and then that gre are dropped down like a curtain again.There's not even an ad there now. It's just grey like you can drag the the top of the screen down like a window shade. I don't think ads are supposed to be above the bar. I can see it trying to load ads, but it just turns white and then back to grey. The bar should be at the top, but it keeps dropping downward so it covers 2/3 the screen. Bloody awful.

Same here. I hadn't been on here on mobile in a while, but I tried tonight and the adspace covers the entire screen under the search bar.
RU8nPOq.jpg

I believe we have now found the culprit to this issue. While the ads are still there, they shouldn't be as obtrusive. If they continue to be, please let us know.

If you consider not supporting the RPF a win then so be it, but we would hope that most members consider supporting the site by not using ad blockers or by purchasing a Premium Membership. :)
Does it look like I use an ad blocker? I was being facetious

1585600541379.png

This site has given me so much after so many years (back when I was Dorian Gray) that becoming a premium member was a no brainer. Honestly, this site and through its members has provided so many skills/projects in my portfolio. Before I found the site I was just a movie buff cruising eBay for props. Now I've learned how to wire electronics, mold/casting resin, etc and put those skills to use on several successful runs. It has definitely paid for itself!
No kidding. I ran an online gaming community for over a decade, so having that insight into what it takes to run a decent site I always contribute via subscriptions in places I can, and disable adblockers for the sites that don't offer them.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back