Would a Calvin and Hobbes model be welcome here?

Thanks Robert for this bump, otherwise I would have missed this amazing thread, stunningly brilliant mysta2 , you can tell you love your work. It shows in the quality

I'm sorry that I left everyone hanging. I was hoping to get the stand finished, but that's put off indefinitely as I don't know what my access to software will be in the near future.

I did find another model making job that I do enjoy, and actually may be forced by an offer that I can't refuse to relocate to WA for another job soon.

The, other two I sent off to my friend that helped keep me motivated for the project and my dad as a late Christmas gift. This is the one I have left for myself:
Finished01.jpg

Finished02.jpg

Finished03.jpg

The canopy slides off quite nicely, and holds in place with just the right amount of friction.
Finished04.jpg

Finished05.jpg

Finished06.jpg

Finished07.jpg

I'm very happy with the way it turned out. My only small disappointment (Aside from not yet finishing the stand) is the headlights which seem a little cartoonish and lack luster.

Really appreciate you posting final pics -the piece came out beautifully.

Good luck on the new job and don't be a stranger to the RPF, I'd love to see more projects from you ;)

Thanks friends.

Whenever I manage to get the stand done, I will post that process up.

I've come a way forward on my little choppers as well:
Choppers.jpg

Looking forward to getting them buttoned up and played with.

Thanks for the update. Nice to hear from you. Cool looking Spaceman Spiff ship and cool looking helicopters. Very nicely done. That B-2'ish looking toy in the corner looks pretty cool as well.

Thanks

That flying wing is one of my test Gothas. That was one of my first ornaments that I made for my dad.

gotha1.jpg

gotha2.jpg

I cut the real ones out of acrylic to get a nice clear canopy. I made the first couple out of ABS to make sure they turned out before cutting the acrylic.

Thanks for posting the final pics, looks awesome!!!

Let me know if you move up to WA, I'm located in the Seattle area.

I only just found this thread, and I have to say, that saucer is possibly the most beautiful piece of work that I've seen on this site. I almost cried. No I'm not, it's just really dusty in here. Shut up!

Ah man, Didn't get any of my thread notifications that the final pics went up, bummer!

That saucer came out absolutely stunning!

Really happy you landed another job doing what you love, keep us posted and be sure to post threads of your work :)

That's some amazing work. Very talented. I hope you are doing well, Mysta, update us soon. On another note Calvin and Hobbes is 30??? :::faints::: I am getting old grrrrr....

And to all the C&H fans:
“Tigers will do anything for a tuna fish sandwich!” :lol

Man, I just stumbled across this while working on modeling Calvin as Spaceman Spiff. Great work! I already did his ship just last night. I love the level of detail you put into making yours. I wanted to go more akin to the ship as seen in the comic strip. I set it up for 3d print but yeah...I have a CNC too. Not a VF3 cause I am not that rich but I may just add more detail for my own build after seeing this. Thanks for the inspiration.
Spaceman Spiff ship.pngSpaceman Spiff ship exploded.png

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back