Wonderfest Japan, 2006

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am so psyched. I received word today from my friend Goto-san that we sold all of our Maschinen Krieger products that we offered for sale at Tokyo Big Sight yesterday in record time - and had requests for more. I mastered the "Falke Tow Vehicle" and organized the sale of everything...

http://www.roboterkampf.com/ihysc/index.htm

I'm actually going to go to the one in August to finally meet all these people, and have dinner with Kow Yokoyama - and these sales will help fund the trip. It's always a gamble/learning experience with the Japanese fans, since they like things a little different from what we like. Gotta say, this is such a breath of fresh air to work on - not a lightsaber in sight, lol.

Wooo.

The best news? I got a bunch of sweeet resin MaK kits from other vendors, via my network of highly trained shoppers (hehe). Some of these $100 kits are selling for $600 on Yahoo Japan already. Sick.

Heh, well the first time we tried it, I lost $500.

But I learned not to try to sell T-Shirts in Winter.

:lol

The jeep is a goofy footnote in SF3D history - it's the crude kitbash that towed the antigrav 'Falke" fighter that everyone is obsessed with. I figured all the hardcore Falke owners would want the Tow Car to go along with their Falkes, and dioramas are huge in Japan right now. The design appeared in a Hobby Japan magazine in the early 1980s:

falkemover.jpg

Falke on trailer:

falke3.jpg

The TRAILER is a 1/8th Entex Formula 1 car part - the out of production kit goes of $1,000 on eBay, and I have one on it's way to me (on loan) so I can cast the parts needed and recreate the trailer. A friend of mine has been working for six months making a perfect/accurate Falke in 1/20th, so by the Fall we will have the Tow Car, Trailer, and Falke.

See what this place does to a person? Makes ya "crazy with the details" in every hobby..

:lol

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back