Wonderfest Japan, 2006

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am so psyched. I received word today from my friend Goto-san that we sold all of our Maschinen Krieger products that we offered for sale at Tokyo Big Sight yesterday in record time - and had requests for more. I mastered the "Falke Tow Vehicle" and organized the sale of everything...

http://www.roboterkampf.com/ihysc/index.htm

I'm actually going to go to the one in August to finally meet all these people, and have dinner with Kow Yokoyama - and these sales will help fund the trip. It's always a gamble/learning experience with the Japanese fans, since they like things a little different from what we like. Gotta say, this is such a breath of fresh air to work on - not a lightsaber in sight, lol.

Wooo.

The best news? I got a bunch of sweeet resin MaK kits from other vendors, via my network of highly trained shoppers (hehe). Some of these $100 kits are selling for $600 on Yahoo Japan already. Sick.

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Heh, well the first time we tried it, I lost $500.

But I learned not to try to sell T-Shirts in Winter.

:lol

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The jeep is a goofy footnote in SF3D history - it's the crude kitbash that towed the antigrav 'Falke" fighter that everyone is obsessed with. I figured all the hardcore Falke owners would want the Tow Car to go along with their Falkes, and dioramas are huge in Japan right now. The design appeared in a Hobby Japan magazine in the early 1980s:

Falke on trailer:

The TRAILER is a 1/8th Entex Formula 1 car part - the out of production kit goes of $1,000 on eBay, and I have one on it's way to me (on loan) so I can cast the parts needed and recreate the trailer. A friend of mine has been working for six months making a perfect/accurate Falke in 1/20th, so by the Fall we will have the Tow Car, Trailer, and Falke.

See what this place does to a person? Makes ya "crazy with the details" in every hobby..

:lol