Wonder Woman Costume

Escapay

Hi guys, just posting with an update of my WW project. I'm designing and making a more realistic looking version of her armoured costume as shown here
how-make-bondo-look-like-worn-metal-1943715-tumblr_lnk8jbvc6f1qcqbb4o1_500_super.jpg-75931d1322419825

I am currently working on the helmet and am on the bondo stage right now. Its based on the 300 style helm, using a pep base, but it will eventually have tweaks and pattern differences.

Before getting too far along in the body filler stage, you have tried it on to make sure you can see out of it, right? I did a scratch-build of a 300 helmet a couple years back and found that as "simple" as the design is, the opening around the eyes can be kind of tricky to get it to look and function correctly. Too high and it looks goofy, too low and I couldn't see. Took a couple of patterns to get it correct. Looking great and nice job thinking of using that file for a base. Looking forward to your updates...

You could always just carry it like she is in the picture. Maybe she can't see out of it either.

:D

lol as it happens, she can't. She wears it to fight Medusa with so she doesn't accidentally look her in the eyes. I have, however, tried it on several times, it can be seen out of :)

Hey

i hope you dont mind the hyjack but my Fiancee' has wanted to do a WW costume for so long so il be watching this thread with great interest

She doesnt want to go down the Normal Original WW route however she is looking to do something like this ........... but i have absolutely no idea where to start

wonderwomanpose03copy.jpg

Hey

i hope you dont mind the hyjack but my Fiancee' has wanted to do a WW costume for so long so il be watching this thread with great interest

She doesnt want to go down the Normal Original WW route however she is looking to do something like this ........... but i have absolutely no idea where to start

wonderwomanpose03copy.jpg

That is pretty much what I want to do, something more realistic, like you would see in a movie or something. This build may take a while, seeing as I'm a bit of a newb, but I'll get there lol.

Well, we are getting there, just in the perfecting stage now, lots of sanding and shaping. Apoxy Sculpt is fantastic! It is great to just plug all the holes with and sands very well, I am mightily impressed. Here are some updated images.

sOVmu.jpg

This after I had sanded it some and sprayed primer to see what I was doing

h97ZY.jpg

Appologies for the crappy iphone images

6pTg8.jpg

93zq0.jpg

Here I had sanded it and patched it up with some apoxy sculpt. The WW detail I decided to cut out of foam and then sculpt over, so we'll see how that turns out.

I'm having a bit of a problem casting resin stars. The casting process is fine and I found some perfect moulds on ebay, but I just can't get the pigment right. No matter how much I try to get it red, I just end up with a cloudy amber colour. Any ideas?

Looks really good so far
Can't wait to see this finished! I bet it will look amazing
My friend made a helmet like that for a sculpture project and now I think she should use it to create a Wonder Woman costume since she has been meaning to get one together for a while :p

Ok, I know it's been ages and I haven't been posting any progress pics but fear not, for I now have an almost finished helmet. I am hoping to get the horse hair crest attached at some point also.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back