Wonder Woman 2017 Solo Film - Costume Research, References, and Ideas?

Adorabelle

Hey all!

I'm probably gonna build Wonder Woman's suit from her solo 2017 film, and am looking to see if anyone got some good reference shots from her costume that was on display at SDCC- I was there but only got some cell phone pictures and the glare from the lights above really make some of them hard to see. Any reference photos and/or finds (I'd really love to know if anyone finds her boots) would be awesome.

Once I get home I can upload the pic I got of the boot because it shows the difference between her BvS shoes and her '17 shoes. BvS was square toed, ankle height, and had open sides. 17 is round toed, has different/beige colored inserts in the side, and is knee height.

Also, for her corset-style top: I've seen a lot of people make it out of eva foam... any other options people have in mind? Some of the detail shots I got of her suit show very fine grain lines... I imagine that would be difficult or impossible with something like sintra or styrene or even Worbla. The only options I can think of would be foam like everyone else has done or else molded/casted pieces... and I've never done molding of any kind, plus my student budget will probably be too low for that. lol. We'll see! In any case I'd like to hear peoples' thoughts and suggestions. I'm also curious as to how exactly it's closed, because it appears to be solid all the way around without lacing in the back. My best guess is invisible joins hidden on the inside of the corset (magnets which perfectly butt the front and back side seams up together?)

It was my first time and it was awesome, albeit a bit overwhelming. I got my bearing a bit more towards the end and hope I can go back next year. :) The costume is great, and I'm really just a lot more motivated to make her suit after the release of the solo trailer... I wasn't feeling it from BvS, but this new film? Yes. Yes definitely :D

Hey, are you going to do the cloak. If so do you have an idea on what fabric you are going to use. I'm going to make her costume/the cloak because I'm not good enough for the rest, but I'm going to make her shield and sword... I've started a thread where I will have templates of the shield, and sword. The shield template is just about done.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back