Wonder Woman 1984

Except at the time Diana makes her wish, she has no idea that the wish stone does anything. It's just an idle wish. She isn't cheating, she's being hum,an. The same goes for the first wish by Barbara Minerva. Neither of them knew anything about the powers of the wish stone. Therefore, the entire opening sequence is meaningless.

I agree completely that neither knew anything about the stone being real. Further, there was no way for them to know the wishes had consequences. (Separate issue that Diana, who owns a magic item, would ever risk making a wish like that while holding an item that says it grants wishes. She should know better.)

I was suggesting that within the structure Jenkins set up the existing magic of the stone and lasso could have been used to better effect from a writing perspective and be joined to the narrative thread that started with the flashback. It would have tied up some loose ends (ok, sorry that wasn't really necessary).

Ok so in most books, Greek tragidies etc. A stone/genie/wishmaster like this gives the person a dastardly lesson for using it. But I have yet to come across a cursed object that lets the victium off the hook with a simple, 'I unwish'. Usually its the 'No give backs' rule.

I'm probably going to get flamed for this but I have to say it.

It's just a movie people about fictional characters doing things in a fictional world that has nothing to do with the real world that I actually enjoyed a lot.

Flame away.
Perfectly good position. I'm glad you enjoyed it. No flame needed.

It's just a movie people about fictional characters doing things in a fictional world that has nothing to do with the real world that I actually enjoyed a lot.

Flame away.
ban-button-smiley-emoticon.gif

Flame away.

There's nothing wrong with that, but it's also a piece of entertainment that has to be... you know, entertaining. It has to make sense. Unfortunately, WW84 simply doesn't.

I enjoy watching NewRockstars review/Easter Egg videos a lot. Mostly because the amount of research they do, usually brings me a new appreciation of films I enjoy or even some I have no care for, but in their EE vid for WW84, they even had to basically say, "We don't know WHAT was going on in this part.".

Lol

I wonder if diverting films, like WW84 and Mulan, from theater to home release meant they cut their losses by chopping off the post-production budgets, cancelling re-shoots and pick-ups that could have fixed pacing/continuity, discarding any last-minute rewrites and essentially running with principal photography. Some productions seem to lean heavily on post-production and these would have suffered the most. I wonder if this is what went wrong. This (and Mulan) shouldn't have been as bad as they were.

I wonder if diverting films, like WW84 and Mulan, from theater to home release meant they cut their losses by chopping off the post-production budgets, cancelling re-shoots and pick-ups that could have fixed pacing/continuity, discarding any last-minute rewrites and essentially running with principal photography. Some productions seem to lean heavily on post-production and these would have suffered the most. I wonder if this is what went wrong. This (and Mulan) shouldn't have been as bad as they were.

The rumors going around are that WW84 had extensive reshoots and reediting during the period when it was moved from a late 2019 release to an early 2020 release (before COVID delayed it again). Supposedly there were test screenings as early as summer 2019.

The movie, to me, feels like something that was chopped, rechopped, and ADRed into incoherence, especially with the Diana-loses-her-powers subplot, which I didn't even pick up on during my first watch because it's almost all conveyed via overdubbed dialog.

So, no, I disagree, at least as far as WW goes.

Yep when first saw it from cockpit looked like an F-11; then see fuselage and wing stores all tornado. So they made a hybrid jet. Mixed of F-111 cockpit with tornado fuselage. However the canopy is wrong for F-111 because F-111 canopy is divided in the middle with bar that lets each side swing up. So the canopy is a hybrid as well.

Yep when first saw it from cockpit looked like an F-11; then see fuselage and wing stores all tornado. So they made a hybrid jet. Mixed of F-111 cockpit with tornado fuselage. However the canopy is wrong for F-111 because F-111 canopy is divided in the middle with bar that lets each side swing up. So the canopy is a hybrid as well.
While I enjoyed the movie overall, for me, the whole plane sequence just took me out of it. A museum plane just sitting there all fueled up and ready to go? A mish mash of different planes, but that's not that big of a deal since they never mentioned what kind of plane it was supposed and the exact model isn't exactly relevant. But what was was the fact that Steve could just get in and figure out not only how to start but how to fly it when he's never seen anything that advanced, much flown in one. Then there's the whole matter of it being able to fly from somewhere in the US, across the Atlantic to where, North Africa(?), with no mid air refueling and no drop tanks.

They better do a better job with Black Widow. I bout fell asleep during this movie. The only thing that kept me awake is Gal is hot and Lynda Carter's cameo at the end.

Yeah I watched it the other day and the only thing that was kinda cool was Lynda Carter. Also nice job stealing Marvel's post credits scene thing! So far none of the DC movies are anything I would ever watch a second time. I watch any of the Marvel movies if I see them on.

Yup. Another crap movie for DC. They just can’t seem to get it right. This one was SO over the top it was unwatchable.

I liked the 80's vibe but felt that some music from the era wouldn't have been misplaced.
There are (IIRC) three vintage tracks listed in the credits. I think only one of them is ever actually present in the movie. One of the credited tracks is Duran Duran's "Rio." Being a long time fan of the band, I would have heard and identified that based on two or three audible notes. It's not there unless they really buried it way down deep in the mix.

SSB

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back