Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

We are looking into making some metal claws so if you are willing to wait a bit for production to start then you could have yourself a set of metal claws with our high standard of quality here at Dark Matter Props.

We are currently leaning towards Stainless Steel claws since Aluminum is a softer and much lighter weight metal. Aluminum won't hold up as long and the threads in the set screw that hold the wire would be more likely to strip out.
What grade of stainless steel are you looking at using?

Last edited:
View attachment 837167
Fantastic jacket. Astonishingly comfortable and put together very well. All the best to ya with it , bub.
\I/snikt\I/
Just acquired a MR X-men Jacket ... I heard so terrible stories about it ... Completly false ... It is a good jacket and I had the chance to got also the dog tag ... screen accurate ... I am so happy with my jacket ...
Just wanted to tell that ... =)

Has anyone every wondered or heard of a reason from a costume designer on why they never included Logan in the movies to have a cowboy hat?

They had no problem pushing his cowboy 1970s trucker look but stopped at the cowboy hat? Which I find funny since Logan in the comics wears a cowboy hat all the time.

I get that they wouldn't want to cover up Hugh Jackman's face but it still seems a pretty iconic part of Logan's civilian gear.

My guess is the hair is so iconic they didn’t want to cover it with a cowboy hat. Not even the trademark mask made it into the movie .
Hmmmm that could be. I just thought it was funny they hit all the Wolverine/logan trademarks aside from that. Oh well. We'll have a new Logan at some point and we'll see how that goes.

Has anyone ever identified the suede jacket he wore in Logan? Or the closest match?

I was able to get in touch with the costume designer a few years back and it was a custom production based off of a vintage Wrangler denim jacket.

The closest I've found commercially is either Wested's replica or the Django Suede jacket by Deus Ex Machina, though the latter is pretty hard to come by these days.

I was able to get in touch with the costume designer a few years back and it was a custom production based off of a vintage Wrangler denim jacket.

The closest I've found commercially is either Wested's replica or the Django Suede jacket by Deus Ex Machina, though the latter is pretty hard to come by these days.

I missed out on the Deus Ex Machina Django so many times that I don't even like to think about it.

It would be great if Wrangler would have caught wind of it and made a special Logan edition or something.

98403608-C7C8-455B-9458-7CFF708D5AC5.jpeg

I have a Vanson X-1, but I wanted a lighter weight everyday jacket so I had Wested do this one with custom amber tan stripes.

I still love the Vanson X-1 though!
29E2B7F2-1090-4AE5-B605-19D97A68B06D.jpeg

I got a new jacket! Finally managed to get hands on a Logan suede jacket from Wested..

As far as I can see on the details front, it’s pretty spot on for the Screen used version? Side pockets and panels all match and the buttons as well.. wide collar and two button back too.. Well done Wested... this is superb!

Size wise it’s a touch larger than a 44, since I’m a 45inch chest and fit this perfectly, but the room feels good, especially when layered with three or more shirts like the film one is...

Excellent, I think!
D068F742-A8E3-40E1-B1CB-114628D54B44.jpg

So, I take it Wested is pretty good then, huh? I remember reading their fitting was a bit off, but hearing good reviews from you guys, I am considering getting an X-1 in the near future
\\\///
///\\\

For this style? Yes, they nailed it.. They do have small sizing variance across all their jackets.. usually on the large size, and often with longer bodies or arms than is perhaps “ideal”, but they always make very solid jackets, and a design like this is simple enough to work well, I think!
I’ve had one of their X0’s and that was a decent jacket too.. and their DOFP looks good too, perhaps a touch long in the body... but great design..

So, I take it Wested is pretty good then, huh? I remember reading their fitting was a bit off, but hearing good reviews from you guys, I am considering getting an X-1 in the near future
\\\///
///\\\
If you go "Wested", ask for a custom jacket.....you shouldn't be disappointed. Their regular jackets are too baggy and wayyyy too long.

If you go "Wested", ask for a custom jacket.....you shouldn't be disappointed. Their regular jackets are too baggy and wayyyy too long.

Yes. With wested it’s nearly always best to use a custom sizing..
Although I would say that for the Logan, if only for that, it’s well sized.

Hi, all you Wolverines! I'm new to the Wolverine game (I'm honestly more of a Cyclops guy :cool: *ducks* please don't stab me!), but it's a character I've been wanting to try for a while now. I think I've spent the better part of the last few weeks trying to read through this entire thread, although I'm sure at some points my eyes glazed over and I didn't comprehend some of what I was looking at. So, if I ask a question that has already been answered, please forgive me.

I wanted to try my hand at an X1 Wolverine, as that's my favorite look for him. So, let me see if I've got this right:
  • Jacket: Vanson, Logan's Closet, Magnoli, Wested
  • Denim Jacket: Helmut Lang (Wal-Mart also has a close enough right now under the brand "GEORGE", which is what I purchased)
  • Plaid Shirt: Close-Enough
  • Tank Top: Zimmerli for X2/3, but a typical gray should work for X1, yes?
  • Belt/Belt Buckle: Magnoli
  • Jeans: Levi's 517/527 (something slim bootcut, as I understand. I know this was more X2/3, but I like how they look on me.)
  • Boots: roper boots (kind of unfamiliar with what these are; a type of cowboy boot?)
  • Dog Tag: DarkMatterProps
  • Claws: DarkMatterProps
My biggest question is: which jacket is the one recommended nowadays, as I know I'm about 20 years late to the Wolverine game, and are Vanson and Logan's Closet even still making jackets?

Finally, as to not make this a "super-n00b" type post, there is one piece of information I can provide: I believe the member superDrool was the first to post this photo:

jacket%2C+shirt+and+tags+copy.jpg

Or at least one like it. I did a search of this thread so as to try and not repeat information, but according to the catalog of the owner, the brand of the plaid shirt is "WESTERN CRAFT". I know it's still a super-rare shirt and that this probably won't help much in people's search for one, but it's still interesting to know, right?

Last edited:
I have a Logan’s Closet X-1 and a Wested X-1. I love both. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative in a lighter leather I suggest the Wested but ask for the amber tan stripes like what is used on the X-O jacket they do. If you are looking for a screen accurate jacket than Logan’s Closet is the way to go.

I'm looking for the blue western style shirt Logan wears. I know someone screenshot a RedHead hang-tag, but looking at his hi-res photo none of redhead's stuff matches the micro-dot fabric. Anyone have luck finding a match?

Attachments

• loganshirtHD.jpg
    loganshirtHD.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 205

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back