Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Rdmaul: Nice pictures, that's great work with the shadows.

joshspiderman23: What jeans jacket are you sporting in those pictures?

Dont know the brand off the top of my head, Ill check when I get home from the office but I picked it up at my local sears and it was on sale for like 20.00 so it was a steal.

Rdmaul: Nice pictures, that's great work with the shadows.

joshspiderman23: What jeans jacket are you sporting in those pictures?

Who knew my wife was a regular photographer? :lol Thanks, I just wanted the detail of the jacket to show up she took it into her own hands with the shadows!

Dayum! I have a run for my money on these get-ups. :cool
All of you guys are have a serious Logan vibe and attitude.

Rdmaul,
That Heron looks DAMN good. Honestly I really don't see much pattern tweaking from mine to your's but it sure fits you.

Dayum! I have a run for my money on these get-ups. :cool
All of you guys are have a serious Logan vibe and attitude.

Rdmaul,
That Heron looks DAMN good. Honestly I really don't see much pattern tweaking from mine to your's but it sure fits you.

Yeah I was noticing that as well, didn't really look that much different. Eh it fits absolutely perfect so I won't complain at all!

my Logan's Closet X3 with removable CE armor in elbows, shoulders, and back option.

P1060227.JPG

P1060232.JPG

P1060233.JPG

P1060223.JPG

Last edited:
Dog tag update.

Here is how the conversation has been going over the last couple weeks

Rep
I am trying to find a factory that can offer the unpolished steel and still do the antique process. I will advise as soon as I find a factory that can offer this.

Me
Did you mean un-plated instead of unpolished? Because if you can find a factory to do un-plated steel but they need to polish them to antique, that is fine. I know that they had to do that with my brass tags in order to remove surface flaws.

Rep
The factory is checking on if steel will work with the antique process.

Me
Is the only issue the antiquing? As long as the tags are done in un-plated steel, I can forego the antiquing if it helps get this project going.

Rep
Yes the problem is with antique on the steel. Since the steel is a rougher material it does not hold the antique well. I do want to point out that steel will still have a shine to it.

Me
I am under the assumption that the un-plated steel will tarnish/darken over time like the brass did. Am I correct? If that is true we can proceed with the quote based on that.

Antiquing would have been nice to darken the text but it is not important to the project. I could have them fill the text with black enamel but that might be too dark. It is not going to be that hard for individuals to darken the text on their own if they want to. They can either use a black wash, or enamel or some chemical like aluminum black to get that aged look in the text. The darkening may also happen naturally over time as the tags are worn.

That is where we are at now.

MJF thanks for the update, I am ok with having to weather it myself. I did that with my BSG tags BUT I will et the other guys chime in on what they think would be good. Thanks again for putting this togethor!

I'd rather do the aging myself anyways, that way I know how it'll look, and I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to distressing props. :D

Great update MJF!

Oh, and that silly Dan...that's the wrong buckle. :lol
That's okay I like the tiger's eye better than a plain oval brass anways. ;)

I have yet to see Dan rock the sherpa lined trucker jacket from XO...

Holy crap, Logan is seriously the BEST Wolverine I've ever seen. I got the privilege of seeing him in person at Baltimore ComicCon and was STUNNED. I'm a big fan of Hugh Jackman's Wolverine, and I have seen some guys try and fall short. Not Logan. My son was AMAZED. He was like 'Mom, that's the best Wolverine I've ever seen! Can I go talk to him?' :lol He had to go check out Wolverine and was being a little fan and talking to him. :D Next thing I knew I was making a small Wolverine jacket so my son could be Wolverine for Halloween last year.

This is my son as his version of Jimmy Howlett, Wolverine Origin movie style.

102_5457.jpg

102_5455.jpg

Hello guys, the orders came too soon and I couldn't finish the X-0 and X1, the jackets project will return in February, to devote the necessary attention and care, Please feel free to ask whatever you want, BTW the leather of X-1 and X-0 jacket is almost ready I place one order to the tannery 3 months ago and is almost ready.

They do custom jobs through the end of spring to fall, and from fall to spring is production time for all the standard design patterns ( i.e. X jackets sold on ebay) seen on their site. It's pretty cut and dry with them. Almost like clockwork of a hybernating bear. I'm actually shocked that it seems some orders were being discussed and dropped like this. I figured either some warning or a complete follow through would be the best route. As you guys are a good size chunk of business and growing. But I'm not sure how well this will go over if Jeggs doesn't chime in soon to clear things up. I'm sure he has a good reason. I just hope he pops in soon to explain the matter.

Last edited:
Thanks for the general update Jeggs. :)
Do you plan on one-on-one emails/messages to the members here to give them updates on their orders as well?

Wow. :eek
That's damn awesome! Got the whole nine, boots, buckle and tags! :thumbsup

Thanks! He has the red flannel shirt and the jean jacket that all goes under the leather jacket too, but it was just really HOT in the mall and he took them off before I could get pictures. I wound up carrying them. XD The jacket needs to be weathered a worn some, but he was very particular about making sure his stuff was 'just like Wolverine's. It's gotta be right Mom, cause what if he sees my picture and it's wrong? It can't be wrong.' LOL. He really gets into his stuff. I made the claws from two toy swords I cut up and sharpened and shaped, and attached to wrist and hand support wraps, and covered it in material so it'd be less obvious, since he couldn't carry around real blades. (he was just 11 in the pictures) He has real boots on that we found for a steal at a second hand store and took home and cleaned them up and polished them. I searched forever for a belt buckle that looked close, and then painted it to be the right colors while 'studying' the movie.... (more like getting distracted too much and sitting watching it! LOL!) We took screencaps and made the jacket, found the closest flannel we could to the right pattern, and his denim underjacket too, and I bought a wig and styled it, and made his dog tag. And yes, the tag actually has the numbers, and says WOLVERINE on it, and is in the shape of the one in the movie that gets the top snapped off. :)

Oh, by the way, I just nearly got my shoulder beat off by a twelve year old leaning over me going 'Oh my gosh, MOM!!! He's Sabretooth!!!!! And he liked my Wolverine?! AWESOME!!!'
You have a little fan, sir. :)

The poses ARE dead on! My favorite is the glaring snarl, though. I think alot of the sutff mommy does has made quite the impact on him. ;)
And let him know thanks from me, Lady Megatron. It's good to know that the little ones can be involved in our hobbies too. I've planted that seed into my son's brain long ago, and his comic nerdness and attention to detail is soooooo anal rententive. Just like me! :lol

Oh he is SUPER anal about his costumes....he's gotten worse than me on some things!
He's actually a kind of shy kid, to be honest. He don't stand out or try to, just a skinny little redheaded boy with freckles and glasses, but when the costumes go on, he's a totally different person. He gets into character and will stand out, dance, make a scene, act out parts from the movie or cartoon, he really gets into it. I love watching him have fun with it.

And I think he didn't realize who your character was either...the picture is so tiny and he was so busy beating up my arm from excitement...Sorry for the mistake. :) He was just glad to see some adult cosplayers who liked his stuff.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back