Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

I'm a big kid at heart that still wants to play dress up too. :p

And if I was taller, I would definitely be all over the Sabretooth costumes too. The Tyler Mane look really intrigues me, but it's much easier to pull off the Liev version. The tall mean imposing thing I am lacking, so I feel more comfortable with sticking with 'ol Canucklehead. It's amazing how simply adding some clothes lets all the social anxieties disappear.

Hi guys.
I have just received my X2 belt from Tony-Superdrool and it is really amazing !!
Nicely made, the leather is of very good quality and looks strong and durable. The weathering/distressing is really awesome by itself....a really cool replica.
Thanks Tony.
Fred

:lol
I guess because of being 5' 5" I've never seriously considered taking on Sabretooth. But I just might think about trying it for next year. I need fangs, finger claws, the tooth buckle and a wool trench coat, the rest I have. :)

Has anyone heard from Dan "theman" at LC? We were PMing and then he stopped.

Update on Dogtags:

Rep
The steel will darken and pit some but I am not sure it will darken as much as you want. The steel is also shiny so it will not have a dull chrome look. With the hole in the design the factory is recommending that we do zinc or aluminum.

Me
What will un-plated zinc and aluminum look like? Why are they better?

Take a look at the attachment. That is what I am trying to achieve in this project. If I have to add my own darkening to the text, that is okay, but I need a good base for the project to achieve this final look.

:lol
I guess because of being 5' 5" I've never seriously considered taking on Sabretooth. But I just might think about trying it for next year. I need fangs, finger claws, the tooth buckle and a wool trench coat, the rest I have. :)

Pfttt. Hun, I'm 5'5" and I did my own take at a Lady Punisher last year for Halloween while Matt was out as Wolverine! I'm currently working on Lady Rider (Ghostrider). If I can YOU CAN. Don't let height hold you back!

Has anyone heard from Dan "theman" at LC? We were PMing and then he stopped.

Update on Dogtags:

Rep

Me

Thanks for the update on the tags.

So, most of the discussion on this thread (that I have seen) revolves around the jacket...
What are the best options for claws?
What do you have, where did you get them, and for how much?
Which ones (if any) would you avoid getting?

The halloween price-hike is over, so I'm gonna start looking for a good set of claws as close to what was seen in the movies as possible.

Mine were off ebay about 5 years ago and were a bit pricey because they were custom machined aluminum and polished. The issue I had was the grip, as it was a huge block of aluminum painted black. My hands aren't that big so there was no way of hiding it, so I cut it down to roughly the size of a carpenter's pencil maintaining the hole and hex screw areas. Now I can hide them and they are comfortable to wear. I believe they are from the same maker as Dan's but I'm not sure.

Pfttt. Hun, I'm 5'5" and I did my own take at a Lady Punisher last year for Halloween while Matt was out as Wolverine! I'm currently working on Lady Rider (Ghostrider). If I can YOU CAN. Don't let height hold you back!

A female Ghostrider? That's gonna be sick! Awaiting photos on that project. :)

:) Got my jacket already, bought the studs and spikes for it and my gloves, have the mask I need, and working on the flames, but I'm in the midst of moving right now, so gonna be a bit before she's done now because of that. But when the Rider is done, I'll have her posted for sure. I'm also working on ways to have 'flames' raise up from my gloves for picture posing purposes, just little something extra at the Conventions. The jaw of the skull mask moves with mine so I can talk in it, and I plan to have two different styles of flame 'hair', one like GhostRider's that stands straight up in flames, and one like Lady Rider's that sweeps back (I thought I was coming up with something original, and drew a quick sketch of what I wanted her 'hair' and head to look like, and a buddy of mine on Facebook was like, OMG you're doing LadyRider! Way to bring her back! I'm like o_O huh? He showed me a comic from early 90's pic of an actual LadyRider, and turns out my drawing was dead on to what she looked like, so I'm really set on this one now. Just not near as skinny as her, but hey, I don't care, I'm going for it.)

A few Better pics From MCM expo in London a last weekend..

Do excuse the pasty complexion i had 3 hours sleep the after a clubbing excursion and an early start!

71o8wy.jpg

ioovw5.jpg

Was going for a X3 look, still alot of work to do...and a Beard/Hair dye next outing..

I do want to do an Origins Pre Adamantium Look too.. I have one in the works.

in regards to my dog tag project, in a post above the rep said...

The steel will darken and pit some but I am not sure it will darken as much as you want. The steel is also shiny so it will not have a dull chrome look. With the hole in the design the factory is recommending that we do zinc or aluminum.

I sent the rep a picture of the actual prop to get an idea what I am looking for. I am trying to get her to understand that we can do the weathering and not to get too wrapped up in that, just looking for a good base.

However, does anyone have any input to choice of metal? unplated steel, zinc, or aluminum. I think either 3 will work.

I prefer steel. Aluminum is too light and is easily scratched or damaged and with the punched hole will be sawed through like the pewter with the ball chain. Not familiar with zinc, and how it reacts to skin and weathering over time, but I'm not willing to find out in the long run. Personally, I think that steel is the best investment to go with as we all know pretty much how steel wears and reacts and the strength and weight of it is right. All the proper characteristics of what we saw on screen, the steel provides us for a replica.
But again, this is my take on the matter.

I am still not sure what the concern toward steel is with the hole that was mentioned by the rep. The pittng over time is not an issue because that would only lent to the weathering effects.

The problem I see with Zinc is that when it tarnishes, it is a white power type. Not the look we are going for. Aluminum would work well with aluminum black for faux weathering but I would rather have the weight of steel which I think AB would still work with weathering

I'm not sure pitting was even seen on any of the dog tags, only tarnishing and weathering. My only concern when chosing the right metal to work with is weight, strength and how it weathers/ages. Those three factors should get us the right materials. Maybe we need to look at another metal like nickel or an alloy. But for the love of god...not aluminum. :lol

I would also like to throw my vote in for steel.

Aluminum, as previously mentioned, is (IMO) too soft and light to make it a good option for the tags. Especially for something as small as a dog-tag, it would be obvious that it was aluminum.
Zinc would end up looking funny as it weathered naturally, but it could be weathered artificially (and sealed). Zinc is also softer than steel, and not a whole lot heavier than aluminum. Remember, under a thin copper plating, pennies are made of Zinc.

Steel is a lot harder than aluminum or zinc, so they may be concerned about eating up drill bits, cutting the hole into the tags?...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back