Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

The dog tag count is still holding at 19. A reminder the goal is to pre-sell 30. 30 is the absolute minimum I will consider before I proceed to the production phase because when I order these, the minimum order is 100.

19?!! Ugh...we need to put this pre-order on the map somehow. I've tried both of my avenues for those I know who might be interested. Anyone get a better idea to get the word out?

Yeah - there were so many things to like about First Class, but Logan's cameo is probably my favorite part.

If it comes down to it, I would be willing to order a second tag to get it to 30...

Found another X2 boots pic-

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nick

In regard to the dog tag project. I appreciate "the love" on this but I do not want people feeling the need to buy more than they want.

When I do these projects, I always have a certain level of anxiety because they only exist as an idea. I can only hope that they turn out as envisioned. It is not so bad when I do a design of my own creation like the Star Wars and Stargate pilot wings. But projects like this one and my past BSG items, I get nervous because I am trying to replicate an existing item. Not only that, but since I did not have access to the actual prop or true specs, it tends to add to the anxiety.

We all want this tag to be as perfect as possible and I have made every attempt to reach that goal but I hate the idea that someone bought 1 or more tags they only bought to push the project along and then be unhappy with the outcome. I have been lucky so far because that has yet to be the case. I do appreciate the trust and I will do my best not to let you guys/gals down.

In regard to the dog tag project. I appreciate "the love" on this but I do not want people feeling the need to buy more than they want.

When I do these projects, I always have a certain level of anxiety because they only exist as an idea. I can only hope that they turn out as envisioned. It is not so bad when I do a design of my own creation like the Star Wars and Stargate pilot wings. But projects like this one and my past BSG items, I get nervous because I am trying to replicate an existing item. Not only that, but since I did not have access to the actual prop or true specs, it tends to add to the anxiety.

We all want this tag to be as perfect as possible and I have made every attempt to reach that goal but I hate the idea that someone bought 1 or more tags they only bought to push the project along and then be unhappy with the outcome. I have been lucky so far because that has yet to be the case. I do appreciate the trust and I will do my best not to let you guys/gals down.

I see yoru point MJF BUT I have faith your tags will be awesome, I may be in for another as a display set but need to see where my finds are right now.

Notice the soles have tread and there is a moc detail to the top, like an Indy boot... you can also see that in some of the earlier posted pics. Along with that tiny square toe detail it should be a findable boot.

WOW!! I agree Dan. I have that image but not blown up like this, and I do see the tread on the boots. One more stepping stone to add for these boots. The detail on the toe box I noticed a while back, which I've not seen around since. So all these details lead to a still dead end. I'm not giving up hope yet on the search though.

That is a nice shot of the boots.
I would not agree, though, in one respect: it doesn't look to me like a moc toe detail. It looks more like a glare to me...

You will find the same photos in the wolverine origins Claw Sale that Russ and i Are working on.. Very cool stuff indeed

I've been doing some claw reasearch lately and came across this awesome article/interview with James Gawley aka "Jimmy Claws", the creator of the Wolverine Movie Claws!

Nick

That is a nice shot of the boots.
I would not agree, though, in one respect: it doesn't look to me like a moc toe detail. It looks more like a glare to me...

Definitely not a glare. In the inset/non-blurry photo you can what looks like low profile piping. Too many photos showing the same "glare" and shadowplay to suggest there's not some type of toe box detail, reminds me of the stitching on the top of loafers.

x2boots.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty sure his boots are just Frye Motorcylce boots. The pic of him on the porch u can clearly see the ankle strap/silver ring thingy. I think the "toe detail" you guys have been debating about is just weathering of the top edge of the boot. As for treads vs no treads, its also possible that they switched out footwear during shooting depending on what the character had to do.

frye-black-harness-boots.jpg
http://www.pamperedwithpaige.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/frye-black-harness-boots.jpg

Nope, Frye does not have anything in the X2 shape and details, heel height is off too. Could have been a harness type though, probably a designer boot from the looks of things though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back