WIP Red Hood Arkham Knight costume

TestEagle

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So thought I'd try knock out a Red Hood Arkham Knight costume.

Reference:
BM_AK_RedHood_Statue_55357a4166cb88.33556698.jpgBwBofGhCcAAvc88.jpg

Jacket and pants will be leather, also going with a zipout leather hood, so I can swap in a hoodie if I'm not happy.

Mask so far.
11223958_488910604598663_7270612451387454393_n.jpg
Plan to add something to sides of chin to give it that respirator look.

looks amazing so far! i wish you luck on this!!

Thanks! selecting leather for jacket at moment, I'm having trouble getting a really light grey, so I'm gonna opt for white on shoulders (it's white on some toys and pics) and going dark grey for main body front, this will also have red detailing in leather.

Definitely go for the white on the shoulders. Those can easily be weathered to the shade of gray you would like.

And the mask looks great! I'm sure there's some bit of piping or hardware among the shelves at a store like Home Depot that would serve the purpose of the respirator. Glad to see someone giving this costume a shot!

Definitely go for the white on the shoulders. Those can easily be weathered to the shade of gray you would like.

And the mask looks great! I'm sure there's some bit of piping or hardware among the shelves at a store like Home Depot that would serve the purpose of the respirator. Glad to see someone giving this costume a shot!

For respirator I'm actually eye off some hub caps, something like this.
resporatoor.JPG

Yeah, little improvising at low cost. Shape does differ between reference images and toys, so a little imperfection doesn't hurt I figure.
Totally I improvise too lol. I was surprised when I got that one from GameStop and it was different from all the other pics I've seen. But I haven't seen the one from the game yet since the photos have the helmet not showing. But on this figure when you pull the hood back it's very similar to the arkham knight

Totally I improvise too lol. I was surprised when I got that one from GameStop and it was different from all the other pics I've seen. But I haven't seen the one from the game yet since the photos have the helmet not showing. But on this figure when you pull the hood back it's very similar to the arkham knight

This is the toy I have.
11121299_10153299999641796_736893936_n.jpg

Version 2 mask, eyes holes are now lots of small holes instead of 2 large eye holes, this conceals them better.
11407063_500308580125532_5036048999117987843_n.jpg

Looking great so far!! Any chance you'd be willing to share what you're using for the drop leg holsters and knee/shin guards?

Cheers,
Aeric

Looking great so far!! Any chance you'd be willing to share what you're using for the drop leg holsters and knee/shin guards?

Cheers,
Aeric

Here's the Knee/Shin guards I have, reasonably cheap and made to bend an flex. http://www.ebay.com/itm/390973354653
$T2eC16J,!)UE9s3wBohGBQKmmV7unQ~~60_57.JPG

For my drop leg I've take my Deadpool movie costume ones.
Here's the back panel. http://www.ebay.com/itm/111453682310
BackPanel.JPG

And the holster is fixed on to back panel. (horizontal straps can be removed and you weave this through back of holster)
IMG_20150513_172807.jpg

This is holsters. http://www.ebay.com/itm/231582673142
holster.JPG

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back