WIP - My personal take on Robin

stevechewbacca

Hi everyone,

I played Arkham City and I really liked the Robin render. So I decided to build it.
As I don't have a very muscular body, I went to a personal design based on the AC render and some other concepts I found online and on the DC Icons book.

Here's what I've done so far.

IMG_0432.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0436.JPG

Yeah it's like making an xmas elve outfit :p
IMG_0437.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

IMG_0447.JPG

WHat do you guys think about it ?

Looking good so far! The sewing lines look pretty even and the armor all looks even spaced (which is a pain the in you-know-what to manage). I'd say you're on the right track.

I'm trying to find some good trousers but cannot choose between these 3 :

The side armors are removable on this one (the most expensive)
$_12.JPG

Kevlar, pretty casual look, cheapest:
$_12.JPG

Average price, pretty cool look for super hero outfit (nah ?)
$_12.JPG

I advise taking the one with made of the lightest and/or most breathable fabric. Unless the rest of your costume is lightweight, heavy pants will likely be uncomfortable if you are wearing them for more than a couple hours.

They all look good. I like number 3 the best because of the design elements, but only if you can block out the logo with a belt. Otherwise, I vote number 2.

Thanks for the advice !

Yep, I think the 3rd has a better design too :) It also got a removable insulating lining. The only thing I have to know is if the thermal stuffing is also removable. If not, I'll have to go for the 2nd one made of kevlar.

I received the pants yesterday but no pics for the moment.
I'll make a fitting test at the end of the day.

But I made some progress on the top suit :

Adding the logo cut from foam
IMG_0449.JPG

Re-shaping the hood
IMG_0450.JPG

Snaps to fix the cap
IMG_0461.JPG

I used some canvas I already get to make a first version of the cap :)
IMG_0462.JPG

Do you have a pattern for your reshaped hood? I would love to use it for a Green Arrow build all the other hood patterns I've seen I wasn't too fond of..

I really appreciate that you like my hood :)
Unfortunately, I don't have any pattern, I made it as I felt it.
What I can tell you is that I used a sewing model ("mannequin") to shape it at first and then, rounded the sides. Not sure if it helps. If you want, I can take the measurements of it ^^

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back