[WIP] My Indiana Jones Story Grail Diary Deluxe Project

My signature No. seven is now ready to print. :)

As example I had chosen again a mix of one reconstructed original page and one invented one. Enjoy :)

Here a picture (not from me!!!!) of an original-prop...
20814238849_ccbc90af14_c.jpg

and now my own work...
20378488474_c667932b6e_b.jpg

Attachments

• 20814238849_ccbc90af14_c.jpg
    20814238849_ccbc90af14_c.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 602
  • 20378488474_c667932b6e_b.jpg
    20378488474_c667932b6e_b.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 593
Last edited:
So my 8th signature now has also got it's stamp.

This time I'm on the way to Wales at a stopover in Nanteos. And what I have to read to the Internet? I had noticed not at all that it has been stolen. : eek:

here in german:
http://www.focus.de/panorama/welt/a...ligen-gral-freiwillig-zurueck_id_4781238.html

here in english:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-chalice-recovered-year-stolen-burglars.html

This is the appropriate page in the familiar story Diary by maboot38:

19265684641_26ac16e139_o.jpg

In a direct comparison here my own interpretation of this maboot38 page:
23922197525_a6f315404d_c.jpg

What I also want to show you with this example, is that I do not only copy all the original pages and do add my own pages, but also being looking for already published good designed new pages in the internet and then, if it is OK for you, invent them in my own book.

I hope this does not bother anyone. Otherwise please send my a short message, if you don't want, that I quote some of your very own creations.

Last edited:
I am working at page No. 132 at the moment. It is about the text out of the novel:

The word Grail is derived from graduale, which means step-by-step, degree by degree. There are six degrees or levels of awareness in the Grail quest, and each one is represented by an animal.
The raven is the symbol of the first degree and represents the messenger of the Grail and “the finger of fate” that initiates the quest.
The peacock signified the second degree and symbolised the search for immortality. It also suggests the colourful and imaginative nature of the quest.
The sign of the third degree was the swan, because the one who took up the Grail quest sang a swan song to selfish and indulgent ways. In order to succeed in the quest, one must overcome weaknesses of the mind and heart and move beyond petty likes and dislikes.
The fourth degree was signified by the pelican, a bird willing to nurture its young by wounding its own breast. It symbolized the quality of self-sacrifice and the willingness to endanger self for the sake of saving one’s own people.
The lion was the sign of the fifth degree. It stood for leadership, conquest, and the attainment of high goals.
The sixth and highest level, represented by the eagle, was achieved at the end of the quest. At that time the seeker of the Grail would have gained the power and knowledge necessary to understand fully the significance of the search.

This are some pages full of animals. So I am drawing pictures from ravens and the other birds. It is not so easy because I have not so much practise with drawing of medieval looking animals.

I must say, at rhe moment I have more fun with my Deagostini Falcon project. Shame on me. Damn birds.

Last edited:
Hi Titanic,

this project is on hold. I must finish first some other projects which are all needing to much space in my small flat (the Deagostini Millenium Falcon for example).

I read about the project half a year ago and was unable to find it again until now. Made an account this time. How is the project heading? Any news? :) Looks very promising.

I read about the project half a year ago and was unable to find it again until now. Made an account this time. How is the project heading? Any news? :) Looks very promising.

At the moment I am waiting for the finished Tool Diary from Holt in the COW-forum. I am sure that there will be great insperations in it. So if I am not waiting for him it could be that I have no place anymore for one or two extra pages. 95% of my pages are planned meanwile with fixed content.

After a long time I am making progress again. :)

Signature No. 9 is finished. Signature No. 10 is in work.

51877611920_6661d1531b_c.jpg

for comparison, these are the original pages in the game supplement:

51877872532_fac7867935_c.jpg

The biggest change from this new version to the old story diary 1.0: "Matthius" is common in England. But the brother in the story is a german monk. So the only plausible form of the name is "Matthias". Given Henry's knowledge of european cultures, IMHO he shouldn't make the same mistake as an american game supplement author. Incidentally, Boris Schneider had already corrected this error in the original German translation of the game (1989) .

Last edited:
Nice work! Did you make a font or its all handwritten??

both :)
- first step: handwritten all original pages
- second step: put the original pages in a library
- third step: use this library as the source for my invented pages

For example: look at the word "of" on the right page. Every "of" is different. But you can find every different "of" somewhere in the original pages.

Yes, this is the main reason I need so much time for this diary.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back