[WIP] My Indiana Jones Story Grail Diary Deluxe Project

WOW... great Job on the research and work done so far :thumbsup

As well congrates to your new source book! Great find!

@ magnoli, Sarednab, Murdoc: You are too kind, my friends :)

Here you see my personal highlight of the 3rd signature (the particular booklets in a book are called so) of my grail diary.

At first here we have 2 pictures of my sources.

Unfortunately I have never found a picture of the original of the left page. :( So if anyone of you have one to share with me.... feel free to show it.
For this reason I have portrayed the version from "Indiana Holt" - which should look like the original (says the rumor mill).

8746728465_6a0cfe4d00_b.jpg

photo of the "version Holt"

For my right side I have taken a photo from the (University of Heidelberg), wich I have repainted in the diary-style:

8747851002_dff65563d2.jpg

photo by University Heidelberg

Tja... und das ist dann bei mir herausgekommen:

8750192671_8b5cdf490c_b.jpg

Once more: my own pages are redrawn by hand and not photocopied or something like that....

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, great work. Making the diary is indeed a labor of love. I have done two by hand, and I doubt I will do another. Of course, I said that after the first one as well. I'll be following this project closely!

Now here you see a photo of the 4th signature:
11907531186_3c054a8198_c.jpg

my own version on unaged white paper

I hope, you don't have seen a better replica of this two pages till jet, because I'm very proud of my version. :D
11907151775_0b5bcf684a_c.jpg

photo of an original-prop

And it's going on.... Signature Number 5

This here is the original-prop:
14325302853_a9bd419c9a_z.jpg

The map on the left side is repeated several times in the original props. So I should use it only one time and paint my own one for this concretely double page instead.

I had chosen the CGD version of the "Map without Names".

14305282305_b741d62b15_c.jpg

I didn't want to take it unaltered, because more than one "Map without names" in the same diary doesn't make much sense. In the film was said, that this map was the result of inforations from several sources. So I took only the hint "though the mountains to the hidden valley".

And this is my result:

15538241428_b5b32dde5b_o.jpg

Signature 6....

This is the page from the Action Game and now I proudly present you my interpretation of it.

In this game were two pictures about the grail / the grail diary.

Here in the game you see the same scene like in the film, but with showing a new diary page:
15700200376_02ec2a8b19_c.jpg

Later they were showing a more detailed picture of this new version of the grail:
15538041759_64531c81a0_o.png

And this is what I have done with the pictures from the game:
15538453088_e0537fa9b8_c.jpg

Last edited:
@Memnon: Sorry, no updatets - I'm allmost ready with the 7th signature and searching for inspirations for the 9th signature.at the same time.

Don't forget:This is a long time project I have begun in 2012. It will take some years till I have all intendet 288 pages ready to print.

@Obi Wan Kenobi: The Bookbinding is still to far in the future for me, to think allready about it.

But as far I know, the original prop was bound out of ivory paper with a weight between 90-110 grams.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back