WIP: Isaac Clarke's Engineering Rig from Dead Space 2

I'm using 1/8" acrylic for the faceshield inserts.

Today I finished up the calf/shin portion of the boot:

I also got a good start on the toe:

Tomorrow I'll make the last few prototypes and prep them for molding. Stay tuned...

Great build Thorssoli!

I like the update on the EL wiring on the back.

I'm also using similar rubber boots for another project I'm making - I was wondering what you use to attach your armor to them? Anything good suggestions or things to avoid?

Looking forward to seeing this finished!

I'm also using similar rubber boots for another project I'm making - I was wondering what you use to attach your armor to them? Anything good suggestions or things to avoid?

I'm planning on using rivets where I can reach and rubber-infused CA adhesive where I can't. More on that when I get to it.

I'm hoping to be able to do a full set of raw castings for somewhere between $750 and $1000. I'll have a better idea once I've got the last few pieces molded and I can add up how much resin the whole thing eats up. Right now I still have to make the left hand, the base of the spine, the kneecap, and the thing that straps around the right thigh.

Yesterday I made the heel:

Here it is with the reference images I'm working from:

It's not dead on, but at this point I'm in a bit of a rush.

Stay tuned...

Here's the toe and heel prepped for molding:

Here's all of the molds for the boot parts and the neck piece:

Things should start to get interesting again this week and next. Stay tuned...

I didn't see this asked yet, so here goes:

Where did you find the el tape? I've been looking all over, but it varies so greatly that I'm not sure if I'm even looking at the same thing some times. One website has a $8 strip of what it claims is green/blue el tape, and another has a $29 strip of blue that appears the same. Can anyone hit me up with a link to the best place to buy it?

I apologize for not posting more regular updates. Someone walked off with my workshop camera over the weekend and I'm leery about taking my nice, expensive DSLR into the filthy, dusty workshop. That said, last night I poured the rubber for the last two molds I have to make for this costume:

Shown are the left hand plates (lower left), the right thigh bits (lower right), the tailbone parts (upper right and left), and a huge mess (everywhere).

Incredible work- just read through this whole thread! Just finished the second game myself a little bit ago, and, after seeing some pictures of Isaac Clarke Cosplays, I want nothing more than a costume like this for Halloween! Sadly, between school, work, and school, I fear I have no time to put anything together in time now. There's always next year, however!

If you'd like a set of my raw casts, shoot me a PM.

I'm behind on updates. For starters, I've made the left hand parts:

Here's the first casting of the lower spine:

Here's the parts of the right leg detail:

For the finishing touch, I made vacforming bucks for all of the straps that hold the chest parts together:

Here's the first pull (in .040" ABS) on the table:

Last night I started arranging the back parts:

I also cobbled together the boots:

Today I will be painting like a madman. Stay tuned...

Tip of the day: When you need curved pieces that don't have details on the inside of the molds, you can get away with making them out of a flat mold:

The trick is to pull them after the resin is mostly cured but before it's completely solid. Then bend them to the curve you need:

Since I don't enough time (or hands) to stand around holding all of these things in the curve that I want, the next step is to lay them inside a piece of plywood cylinder I had laying around:

Then I clamp them in place and wait for the resin to finish curing:

The end result is a complex shape with a tremendously deep curve made from a simple sheet mold.

In other news, I primed all of the parts yesterday:

Then I put the basecoat on:

I've done a bit of detailing since that picture was taken. Today I will finish weathering it and rivet all of the pieces together.

Stay tuned...

Good lord...

This is an amazing build. I suppose I'll go back to piecing together the Lvl 3 rig out of random crap around my house...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back