WIP: HPotter:POA Monster Book of Monsters!! FINISHED!

Rhett J Martin

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Working on my next Potter project, and am actually almost finished. So that means showoff time!

Sculpting over foamcore frame, fur will be sculpted. Maybe down the road I'll be doing a furry one.

this is mostly based on Harry's, since we see that one up close and personal. But, as the student approach their Hippogriff lesson, note that everyone's are different. There's even a zebra stripped one!!

This will be my first fully organic sculpt in a long time. Been even longer since I've done hair or fur.

Here's some of the finished section so far, mostly to tease. ;)

8032-dsc00638.jpg

Last edited:
Re: WIP: HPotter:pOA Monster Book of Monsters!! Grrr!

That looks amazing!!!! Are you just doing one for yourself or are you going to offer casts? I've always wanted a MBoM!

I'm going to offer casts of course!! Probably sometime next week as a matter of fact!!

Yes!! I was so hoping for this one :)
I will be waiting intently ,looks fantastic allready!

Freaking awesome. Can't wait to see more of this

Glad you guys are liking it! I'ts gonna be huge!! It's measures at roughly 15x11x6!!

I'm gonna cast it in a semi-rigid resin with a soft foam interior, so it will feel slightly alive!

What i'm really looking forward to is setting in eyes, and painting the teeth. That should be a blast! More pics coming!

Will you be starting an interest thread soon?

Yep, but not here in the Prop Forum. This is more to show/get corrections and feedback. Can't wait to show this off!

Looks nice! I've been working on one for a while, but I'm supah-slow.

will all the casts have the sculpted fur? I found some fake fur that is perfect for this project. Cheap too.

I've looked at several options, and if I went with regular fur (in this case deer or trimmed desert fox) the labor would be so intensive the books would cost about 350 a piece. There's no way I'm selling them at that price. However, I'm considering doing a stunt version in soft foam with fur, similar to the backround books seen in the film.

I was basically wanting to know to know if I bought one if the sculpted hair would hinder putting fur on it.
The movie prop looks like rabbit fur. I found fake rabbit fur that looks awesome and is cheap. So I was going to use that on it.

Can't wait for this! A soft foam version would be so amazing

I was basically wanting to know to know if I bought one if the sculpted hair would hinder putting fur on it.
The movie prop looks like rabbit fur. I found fake rabbit fur that looks awesome and is cheap. So I was going to use that on it.

I'm not a very big fan of people altering what I build for them, but it happens, and I understand that my vision is rarely in tune with everyone. So the things I build usually can be altered.

In this case, the fur sculpt is very short hair, so if someone wanted to add fur, they could.

But if I see you at a con or prop party with the book. . .expect to be taunted. :p :lol

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back